• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cals

joey80

Ok so im 6 weeks post op (gastric band)
and i was wondering what the amount of cals we should be eating a day?????

I don't think we are supposed to go by calories, protein first, then veg then carbs if you have room. BUT I have 12-1300 cals a day and exercise 4+ times a week for 30 minutes, it helps me keep track of what I'm doing.
xxxx sharon
ps As you can see I haven't lost loads coz I went through a very bad depression during Summer and gained a lot, which I've now lost again...I had no restriction but after my last fill I'm feeling a lot 'fuller'.

ok thanks guys, i been having 1000 n was fretting if i went ova, maybe i should up it a bit x

I know, its very difficult in these early stages innit,I thought I was way over when i saw what a lot of banders eat,but we have no restriction yet ,but I have been told that too few cals will hinder weight loss...good luck for your fill its all still very exiting to think what we might achieve!xxx

I'm 4 week post op n having 700 ish a day!??! I normally aim on a main meal being 250... x

My dietician has advised me to have around the 1200 calories mark, with about 60g of protein a day. It does seem to be the case however that everyone gets different advice from their teams! I'm following the Rosemary Conley plan online at the moment and according to that I can have up to around 1500 a day as long as pretty much everything is below 5% fat. Most days I'm hovering around the 1200 mark though and so far it seems to be working okay for me.

Ditto, my dietician said that counting calories was fine, if it helped me keep on track and concentrate on eating on healthier foods rather than drifting into the bad habits I may have had before.

I have an average of around 1200 a day - usually 1000-1100 weekdays and max 1600 on weekend days (if I feel I want a special treat). My weight loss slowed right down when I ate under 1000 a day. Aim to eat around 60g protein - but my best weight loss weeks are definitely when I eat more than 60g protein.

thanks guys, i was eating bout 700/800 a day but appitite has increased past 2 weeks, im gonna try sticking to 1200 a day now, im using my fitness pal to keep an eye on how much xx

Back