• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can a Bypasser be sick ???

Pollyann

Hi its just over 4 months since I had my bypass and for the first time I have felt sick after my tea but when I went to be sick I couldn't It came out the other end SORRY too much information I know just wondered if this was because of the bypass :sigh:

Sounds like an espiode of dumping to me ive only been "sick" once but dump more take care of yourself

Sounds like an espiode of dumping to me ive only been "sick" once but dump more take care of yourself

So Los in it you still suffer dumping 2 years post op? I thought that it would just be a problem in the first year or so, show how much I know. Not that I have experienced it yet myself, hopefully never will.

So Los in it you still suffer dumping 2 years post op? I thought that it would just be a problem in the first year or so, show how much I know. Not that I have experienced it yet myself, hopefully never will.

One year out, 18th September 2014.

OOPS, I saw start date of March 2013, my mistake

It's just past a year and I dump! Nothing I can't handle I don't vomit it's more loose bowels and only in the mornings so far only felt sick once in the early days but im guessing im still taking on hidden sugars in some foods hence the dumping but luckily its the slow dump and not the "run , find a bog sharpish" type ! I really need to understand the labels on food more , cut out or at least reduce the sugars again see if that helps but I guess this is my price I pay for having a bypass and so far im ok with it

Last edited:
I only bring up frothies. I have morning sickness and heave for ages but only bring up froth, im almost 20 months out and still dump thou my symptoms when i do are mainly a fast heart rate, dizziness and then im out for the count

Good question. Never thought about it but just realised I haven't been sick at all since my bypass 2.5 years ago. Certainly not something I miss. I do still get dumping sensation though - have to lay down when it comes on - definitely sugar related for me, but much less than the early days.

I'm 3 years post op and still have episodes of dumping.

Oh yes, you can definitely be sick after the bypass. It was my body's way of letting me know what I could tolerate or not in the beginning. Sometimes if food didn't agree with me or if I felt it was 'stuck' I could bring it up with ease. Although horrible, I'm sick quite often.
And yep, I still dump :( Almost 2 years out and it can be things that previously I've been OK with. My body can't cope with anything mango whether it's diluted or not. I've even dumped on milk before :/ Weird! x

Back