• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Being sick all evening - help!

Hiya, it sounds like you could of possibly eaten to fast that happens to me sometimes like tonight it feels like a burning sensation when your food is going down and is very uncomfortable. i also feel very burpy as well. Hope this helps just take it easy for the next day or so eat soft foods. Janey;);)

Well, I've just had dinner - had 50g (2oz) of very wet salmon and 2 forkfulls of peas. And it's stuck in my chest again. It really hurts and I'm well p****ed off. I chewed it to death and waited ages between the forkfulls. Was different yesterday though because I felt nauseous, today it just hurts.

I think its time you contacted your provider and get checked over ...non of us here are medical experts and it sounds like you have reason to be seen.

Better to be safe than sorry ;)

there are many of us that struggle with meat and fish especially in the early days so it could be just that your pouch isnt ready to tolerate this kind of food yet.

If its not that, it could be overeating. Your pouch is miniscule and what can seem like a couple of tiny bites could actually be bigger than the size of your pouch. Just one extra forkfull could be too much especially when it is hard protein like meat or fish.

If its neither of these, then I agree with Caz. May be time for a medical opinion.

Being sick again, tum is very painful, same as yesterday. Have phoned the bariatric nurse at the hospital who will hopefully get back to me this evening.

I'm glad you have contacted your team for advice hun. Hope you get an explanation soon x

Awww hun sorry to hear your not well :flowers: hope bariatric nurse can help, i find eating a roast dinner a nightmare as well i try and eat meat first now, and this normally really fills me up if i eat a roast potato first i usually end up feeling full straight away all forms of potato do that to me :sigh:, i find if i do overeat then i do tend to get a lot of saliva forming in my mouth, as well as feeling sick but i normally manage to stop myself from being sick,:9529: hate it :yuk:. Maybe you should stick to fluids for a few days to give your pouch time to recover :character00264: .
Hope you feel better soon hun :grouphugg::flowers:

i find i suffer the same sort of reaction to chicken, turky, in fact most meats, from time to time, the saliva is just your body preparing to puke!! nowt to worry about there, i find that most of the other stuff, ie tats and gravy slide down quite easily, the meat can stick, maybe cos it's drier in consistency i reckon, i had a smallish chicken breast yesterday, all was fine, today the portion was larger, and didn't sit well, wasn't sick, but had the saliva over production, and felt like i was gonna, even tried the ole fingers down the throat to clear it, but nowt was happening, it did subside 10-15 mins later tho, maybe try cutting back on the protein portion in that form a tad and see how you go, it happens to the best of us!! ;)

i find that i have to alternate a spoon of meat then a spoon of veg or salad otherwise it just sits too heavy. if ever yr sick Its a good idea to have a day of fluids after just to give yr pouch a rest and then do a day of soft food.
i also find that even now 14 months out i can manage more one day than the next so can never gauge what is a normal portion.
HTH
carole

Well, the nurse did get back to me and she advised me to go to a&e. I didn't want to go because it meant going on my own (hubby had to stay with the boys) but I made myself. Got to a&e at 10pm have just got home (7.30am). Not the best place to spend the night!

They checked bloods and urine and xrayed my tummy. They came to the conclusion that I am constipated and prescribed me lactulose, senna and glycerine suppositories. Although I am constipated and have been since the op, I'm not convinced that this is the sole cause of the sickness. It may well just be a tummy bug, I do feel a bit better today. They have advised me to contact my team as did the nurse yesterday, so I'll be doing that in a bit. My 6 week check up is actually at 12 weeks - Feb 17th - so doc recommended that they should bring that forward.

I am gonna stick to fluids today, I was very dehydrated and had to have a drip. Don't wanna be sick again!

At least I have a good excuse to stay in bed/pyjamas today!

At least you got checked over. Hope you feel better soon. Might be a good idea to contact your team just so they can put your mind at rest. Take care.

Hi Sam, sorry you've had it rough for the past couple of days, I think sticking to liquids for a while is the best idea and gradually introduce food again after 24/48hrs. Hope you get some sleep today!

Cuppa xx

It all sounds really unpleasant and I am sorry you are having such a rotten time of it. As you suspect that constipation may not be the cause, then contacting your team would seem the best way to go. Meanwhile I hope things improve and you feel better very soon. Enjoy your pj day.

Had a scrambled egg for breakfast (will I ever learn) at 9am, it sat in my chest all morning. Just been sick (2pm) and it was egg, so it obviously never made it to my stomach. Been trying to ring my team all day, leaving messages, no one got back to me. Phoned the surgeons number and his secretary passed me to the bariatric nurse. I now have to go to a&e at st georges for a barium swallow. Will update later.

Oh my word you are having a bad time - good luck xxx

good luck hun. i had a gastrograph yuk but least then they can see if there is a blockage xx

Back