• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can any one help.

lyndajoan

hi everyone as you may know i have put it in my diary just befor. i am having my filter inserted on the 20th feb so it looks like my op will be the 21st feb. what i want to ask you lovely people as your advice is the best cos you have been through surgery, i am having a gastric bypass so what kind of things should i buy food wise to last about a month while i heal
thanks in advance for your replys. xxxx

Just so pleased its all ok hun xxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks dawn i know i really thought it might not of happened because of my past d.v.ts so relived. i will soon be on that loosers bench. xxx

Go girl xxxxxxxxx

The things I bought in was...
Sugar free jellies
Oxo cubes,vegetable cubes,ham cubes,chicken cubes as these make clear savoury drinks(as no soups allowed with bits)
Marvel powdered milk
Yogurt(I was ok with mullerlight)but only had 1/2 pot at a time..
Hope this helps x

Each hospital has a different post op diet so it's hard to advise u. My post op diet was straight on to purée. I have had yoghurts, lowfat custards, soups, cup a soup, marvel, milky drinks ie coffee hot choc, ready brek, weetabix. Hope this helps xxx

Cup a soups, tinned soup (i sieve all soups and freeze I. Ice cube trays then just microwave a few cubes for a meal as I can't finish a whole one, baby rice or porridge - tastes lively and us no added sugar, I bought some fruits in juice to blend to keep me ahem regular but not tried them yet, mash potato, peppermint tea to help with the trapped wind and sugar free jelly xx

I'd say loads of longlife milk while you can carry it hun. My post op involved milk with just about everything. I also had Cadburys Highlights as I don't like coffee and made it with just milk so I was getting plenty down.
No added sugar squash is good for getting more water in you and muller light yog, ready brek, weetabix. Mainly sloppy food. Think along the lines of weening a baby and you won't go far wrong.
Good luck hun!!
xx

For people wanting to include fruit at the early stages should look in the baby aisle in the supermarket as you can now get pouches of pureed fruits that you can open and reseal, can squeeze out what you need and store the rest in the fridge.

Just add water custard powder sachets made with milk - weigh out 1/3 of a pack of powder and use the relevent volume of milk to make it. Can also get easy to make semolina which is a good option.

Get Crusha to add to the milk and use milk with low fat Horlicks to increase the protein as well as adding Marvel to it.

Tatiana

I have just bought some petite fluer in kiddes sachets and some innocent smoothies also mullier light in raspberry and cranberry and banana custard as they are both lump free :) cauli and broccoli cup-a-soups are lump free to and taste better than they sound !

del monte do a lovely pureed fruit cup...it comes in three different flavors but the pineapple one does have tiny bits of pineapple in it. They are gorgeous and come in a small cup so not too hard to consume all of a cup. Also they come in two cup packages and cost around a pound at morrisons slightly cheaper at asda and tesco. I lived on those for about a week and half...was all I could keep down and they were really kind to my tummy.

My herons food shop do the fruitini frozen fruit snackpots and del monte frozen summer fruit looks lovely :) could put it in a smoothie x

Attachments

• image-1118149485.jpg
    image-1118149485.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Those look nice...gonna look for those:) Thanks Suzie

Thanks everyone for your advice i took them all and have a nice stock at home ready to blitz up with my hand blender, i am now 2 days post op feeling comfortable going home tommorrow hopefully still a little bit sore but thats to be expected i suppose. xxxx

Back