• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can anyone help??

lyndajoan

:confused:hi most of you will know through my thread that befor my opp i have to have a venous cava filter fitted befor i can have my bypass. What i want to know is has anyone on here had a filter fitted??If so what is it like.? I am worrying myself silly over this with my legs being swollen also. I am afraid they might not be able to do it and then my surgery will be cancelled. So if anyone can help i will really appricate it, thanks in advance. xxxx:sigh:

Aw Lynda, sweet :sigh: I don't know the answer to your question but could not read it without posting to send you lots of hugs (((Lynda))) I really feel for you, lovely :wave_cry: I am sure someone will be able to offer you some good advise soon ... if not, can your GP not answer your question, or find out for you. You should not be just left hanging with so many unanswered questions :(:( Good luck, darlin xxxx :wave_cry:

i cant help you either hun..im so sorry xxx

Not able to help either, as Denise says though pop along to your GP, preferably armed with a list of questions, they will be able to find out what you need to know :):)

hi oonion they are fitting the filter due to blood clots in my legs which i have had previously so it s a safety mesure. xxx

I would just find that so reassuring that my surgeon wants me to be as safe as possible, they would surely not go to the time and expense of fitting the filter is they then plan to cancel your WLS. Good Luck, try not to stress out too much xx

I would be rest assurred that the surgeon is being very cautious with your previous history Hun to prevent your legs clotting again.
I'm one week today post op and I've suffered a clot in my leg in the past. During my op and two days later I wore vibrating pressure boots in bed. I've also been sent home with 21 days of clexane injections to do at home.
Best wishes x

Back