• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can any1 help?

VIXXX

since the doctor referred me for weight loss surgery, i have received a letter from the royal hallamshire hospital in sheffield asking me to attend a group information session on tuesday 3rd november 09 at 9.30am-11.30am. does anyone know if this means that i am being offered surgery or not?

VIXXX

I am not under your hospital but I would imagine this is where they talk to you and discuss the different types of surgery and answer any questions that you have. I would think that by offering you this appointment they are saying they would give you the surgery, but if you are not sure, just give them a call. All bariatric teams are use to putting patients minds at rest.

Hi Vix

Crystal is right, telephone your wls people they will clarify things for you. I would say a group meeting is a good sign as although it is different everywhere, at my hospital, you had an initial consult and if you got through that you were then invited to the group meeting.

Xx

Back