• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anyone recommend a surgeon in Manchester/NW?

Bendy

Hey all...

Over the last year I've lost a considerable amount of weight with Lipotrim - around 14 stone, maybe more as the scales didn't go high enough, and I wasn't properly weighed until my second week! Needless to say, this has left me with a large amount of loose skin around my stomach/hips, so much so that I should be wearing 30" jeans instead of the 32" I wear know.

Anyway... I want to have this skin removed by surgery. I've spoken with my GP and he could see it needed removing and basically said he would refer me on the spot, even though he thought there was no money to pay for it.

With this in mind, I'd simply like to check out the private surgeons in my area, just to get an idea of how good they are and how much it should cost if I can't get said surgery through the NHS.

I'd really appreciate any info anyone can give me. Ramble over ;)...

B

Sorry I'm not in the north west, but a tummy tuck is something that I will be needing when I get to goal. I recently went to a plastic surgery open evening at my local Nuffield hospital and was given some good info.

You should be looking for a consultant plastic surgeon, who also does NHS work ( if he/she is employed by NHS also means they must be of a good standard)

The surgeon should also be registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) You can check this on their web site General Medical Council.

Ther are many cowboys out there, so be careful. Hopefully you will get the NHS funding to cover the costs, but if not perhaps your GP could also recommend a plastic surgeon.

Well done on your fantastic weight loss.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks Lisa Marie.... :)

I've yet to get back in touch with my GP - been very busy - but getting rid of the loose skin is my final step, so it needs to be done, NHS or not.

Anyone got any more tips? I really have no clue... :sign0144:

btw, I just weighed myself - 12.5st! There's nothing on me save this bloody loose skin. So depressing...

I recently emailed a lot of companies/private hospitals asking for further info on tummy tucks, including prices. I found that the hospitals were a little cheaper than the cosmetic surgery companies, and their literature made me feel more 'secure (if that makes sense) too. The only downside to the private hospitals, is that you have to pay a consultancy fee of £80-£100 to see the surgeon, but this would be re-couped in the lower cost of the surgery, compared to the companies.

You're looking at around £4500-£5000 for the op, including post-op care, your stay in hospital, etc.

I hope that helps somewhat!

Jo x

Back