• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgeon Manchester

coogee

Hello all,

It's my first post on this board so I hope you don't mind. I'm considering a gastric band but don't know where to start looking... does anyone have any recommendations of surgeons or clinics in Manchester? There's so many out there that I can't go for consultations with them all - a bit of advice from you guys (the experts) would be great!

Thanks a million!
xx

hi there, welcome to minis.

I am just over 6 months post bypass. My surgeon was Mr Basil Amorri. He works from several different hospitals in the Manchester area. In my opinion he is an absolute fantastic guy. I have heard many things about him and every one of them are all good. I know other people have also had his as their surgeon and they are all very pleased with their results.

I had my op done at The Alexandra in Cheadle but i know he also works from Hope Hospital too. Your own GP should be able to refer you and give you contact details if you need them.

Hope this helps and good luck :Dxx:D

Hi and welcome to Mini's

I had my surgery with The Hospital Group and Mr Super did my op for me

I personally would recommend THG but alot of others on here wouldn't because of bad aftercare, my aftercare so far has been fantastic, lots of phone calls etc to see how I am, I cant complain about them at all

I to recomend Mr Amouri, book through Surgicare though and not Spire as the aftercare is terrible.

I would echo what others have said that Mr Ammori is the one to go to in Manchester.

I booked through Surgicare at Manchester - I got a MR Lii (looks like Michael Macintyre) and he is a top bloke! I did some ringing round too (am an ex-nurse so called some old colleagues who are nursing in that area) and he has a really good rep. I am having my op next week at Spire but through Surgicare.

Back