• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recommend a Hotel in Manchester???

Andrea73

Hi All

I am due to have my gastric bypass with Mr Ammori on Saturday 17 October. My OH and kids are coming to Manchester with me on the Friday night so they are going to stay in a hotel from the Friday till Sunday. Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay that is also reasonably priced. We've already looked at the Premier Inn hotels at the trafford centre but they are all booked up due to Man Utd playing at home that weekend.

Thanks in advance. x

Try Innkeepers Lodge, they have one in Stockport not sure how far it is from the hospital.

Are you travelling by car? Which hospital are you at?
What age are kids - would a hotel with pool be good?

Yes travelling from Edinburgh by car. Kids are 12 and 8 and would definitely benefit from stuff to do nearby.

Meant to say hospital is the spire at Manchester

Hi-just looked up Spire hospital-its only about 4/5 miles away from where I live(I never knew that!) Anyway Britannia Countryhouse hotel is usually cheap & cheerful-with a pool & grounds & there website is easy to book from I'll have another look at the map again tomorrow

Hi-just looked up Spire hospital-its only about 4/5 miles away from where I live(I never knew that!) Anyway Britannia Countryhouse hotel is usually cheap & cheerful-with a pool & grounds & there website is easy to book from I'll have another look at the map again tomorrow

I have stayed at the Britannia and it was great for access to the city and the southern end of Manc. Very reasonable and comfortable. It would probably be more or less be straight up the Princess Parkway to The Spire. I didn't eat there though so can't comment on the food - it was the pre op days and Rusholme's curry mile was too good to resist!

Lx

:)Hi Lizziebee - I was trying not to mention (or think about!!!) Rusholme! Perhaps if I hadn't spent every Saturday night there for the last 20+ years I might not need wls....Not actually been for a couple of years-getting more & more expensive-but we have our memories!!!

:wave_cry:Hi again Andrea,
Have looked on Briannia's booking site & a couple of hotels in Salford Quays area & they say no rooms available for your dates - but that could be my inexperience with computers!
Suggest you get reservations & if you let us know where we can tell you what we know about the hotel/area/things to do -I'll be on line quite a lot this weekend 'cos I'm still soaking up all the great info on here (I have a consultation at Salford Royal next week)

Back