• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Great Surgen in Manchester!!!!!!!!!

tink75

Had my ten month check with Mr Agwanobi yesterday - so happy it went brilliantly. I get nervous in case they think I am a total let down but he was really happy. He answered some questions about when I was ill after surgery which will hopefully give me some closure now. He is just so lovely and honest i have tons of respect for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He also told me he ran the equivalent of the race for life and I beat his time - I was over the moon - was happy with my 42 mins but I'm even happier now!!!!!!

Then spoke to the dietition - found out I am not eating enough calories and she thinks this is causing my stall for the past SEVEN weeks. I average between 600-800 a day - she says I NEED to be having 1000-1200 a day. Just wondered what everyone on here eats - I tried sooooooo hard yesterday to increase my intake but still ate less than 800. Think if we could eat anything this wouldn't be a problem - but of course we cant. Since leaving hospital on 12.11.09 I have lost 130lbs - I couldn't have dreamed for this kind of success in a million years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad it all went well for you and congratulations on such a fantastic wight loss you have done really well. I know at this stage it should be around 1000-1200 cals a day. To be honest i don't count my calories never have but am careful with what i eat but i still eat 5 or 6 times a day. If you need to get more calories in but can't physically eat more then concentrate on eating higher calorie foods and that should help. Well done again on your fantastic achievemnt in your weight loss x

Try to increase your good fats, thinks like nuts and avocados. Also, if you are using low fat cheese, try switching back to full fat, and add it to things like soups. What's a typical days intake for you? Mine at the losing stage would be -

Breakfast - cheese on toast or similar
mid morning - babybel, milky coffee, maybe a few nuts
Lunch - chicken and avocado salad
mid afternoon - yoghurt
Tea - lasagne or cottage pie etc, whatever the family were having a smaller portion.
evening - protein shake, maybe a biscuit if craving sweet!

hi tink.....Mr Agwunobi is also my surgeon..........I am just over 7months post op and have around 1200KCals per day.
have a look on myfitnesspal.com it helps u to see what your eating not just calorie wise but protiens carbs and fats.

Thanks all - I don't eat too much different than you do only I only manage a few mouthfuls and I don't eat snacks inbetween - been counting for 4 days and 4lb down already - it's amazing - I am now into the 13's and feeling really motivated again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done, you look great in your pictures and should be proud of your achievements. I am glad that the weight is starting to shift again.

Rebirth

Back