• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anyone shine any light

linz77

If there is anyone out there that can help, I'd really appreciate it, I had my gastroscopy at the end of November and was so excited to be accepted on to the waiting list for surgery, but this morning I've received a letter requesting I go for another one, the results came back for the previous tests and everything was normal,has anyone else had this ? I'm now really anxious and scared they've changed there mind about operating . Please help if you can ,thank you x

Give them a ring, does the letter say repeat? It could be they have sent the appointment by mistake!

Try not to worry xx

Thanks Mazza , I've called them and they are looking into it now,but my surgeon is in surgery all day,so they can't give me an answer until they've spoken to him. :/

hope its a mistake for you :) xx

I had 2 gastroscopies, that was because my frist one showd small sites of gastritis(inflammation in the gut) I had to start taking lansoprasole and then go back for a second one to check that all was well, and it was. was done bout 8 weeks after the 1st one. xx They didnt say anything at my app just sent me the letter I thought I had been sooo brave the 1st time and now had o do it again, Cried my eyes out when I read it, SOFT ***** THAT i AM. Was over in a jiffy, then back on the list xx

Hi chrisa, see that's the thing, they found nothing while they were in there and the biopsy was normal too.years ago I was told I had a hernia but when Mr Small did the procedure in november he said there wasn't one. I just hope they've not changed there mind,cos that would just be the end of me :( xx

Hi I dont think you would have got this far for them to change their mind, but I can see why you would be worried as I would be. I am sure its nothing, but lets hope they call you tomorrow. Have you left a message with his secretary? Just ring the switchboard and ask for Mr Smalls secretary. Consultants check in with their secretarys on a regular basis so leave a message with her. Try not to fret! xx

Hi I dont think you would have got this far for them to change their mind, but I can see why you would be worried as I would be. I am sure its nothing, but lets hope they call you tomorrow. Have you left a message with his secretary? Just ring the switchboard and ask for Mr Smalls secretary. Consultants check in with their secretarys on a regular basis so leave a message with her. Try not to fret! xx

Thanks Borogirl, yeh I've left a message, a big fingers crossed its just a mistake and hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow and tell me it was a blunder on there part and everything is still on course , thanks for your kind words xx

That's good. If not stay on the line and ask switchboard to bleep someone in the bariatric team. I did this before Christmas. I work in a Hospital and getting hold of someone is a nightmare, but people tend to respond to their bleep if they are not in the office. Let me know how u get on. Or mail the consultant direct. E.g [email protected]. This is the Sunderland email, just change the name x

Mine was still on course it was just a prcautionary check, i had no indication that anything was remotely wrong at all, and they found a 2cm hernia but they said it was of no consequence because it would be bypassed when thye did the op. xx

No no problems was shocked when got letter to have nutha one done, cried my eyes out everyone I knew had only one n dafty here had to have 2 always knew I was greedy xx

Can't wait for this op. could do with them taking the greedy part of my brain away too!!!

Got word back his afternoon from the hospital, thank goodness.they made a mistake and don't need me to go back for another gastroscopy,and that I'm deffinately on the list , I'm so relieved,they told me the next time I'll hear from them will be when it's my time, yayyyyyy !!!!

well done xxx glad you can sleep tonight :)

Great news Linz. Now onto the next stage :D

Back