• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi can anyone help? - Private funding Question

Hi can anyone help?

Spire Manchester said it would cost me £5137.00 for my gastric band.

I received my appointment for my consultation I am having tomorrow and they also sent me a price list saying " if any extras need to be done I will be charged separately" On this list was things like, blood tests, ecg etc.

Now surely there will be some tests required for the pre op, so already it seems I have alot more I may need to pay for ? I cant get if they are expecting me to pay for whatever it is that happens in the pre op?

I am getting worried now as I got the 5,000 loan and to be honest, I can not afford extras lol.

I do not want to ask tomorrow if this is a stupid question , but it concerned me

Thanks

Sorry. I've only just seen this and by now you've probably had or are on your way to your appointment :(

Let us know how it all went x

Hi can anyone help?

Spire Manchester said it would cost me £5137.00 for my gastric band.

I received my appointment for my consultation I am having tomorrow and they also sent me a price list saying " if any extras need to be done I will be charged separately" On this list was things like, blood tests, ecg etc.

Now surely there will be some tests required for the pre op, so already it seems I have alot more I may need to pay for ? I cant get if they are expecting me to pay for whatever it is that happens in the pre op?

I am getting worried now as I got the 5,000 loan and to be honest, I can not afford extras lol.

I do not want to ask tomorrow if this is a stupid question , but it concerned me

Thanks
Hi flyaway. Before you make a decision please do be sure to check what is covered. I am covered for everything with my package. I was advised at the time of my consultation to be careful of the extra charges. Private hospitals can charge hundreds and hundreds for something. I was private a few years ago and that company charged me for surgical dressings which were extra :) Be sure that you are covered if you need an extra night in hospital. This does not always come cheap and you may end up with a nasty bill on the mat xx

Hi flyaway. Before you make a decision please do be sure to check what is covered. I am covered for everything with my package. I was advised at the time of my consultation to be careful of the extra charges. Private hospitals can charge hundreds and hundreds for something. I was private a few years ago and that company charged me for surgical dressings which were extra :) Be sure that you are covered if you need an extra night in hospital. This does not always come cheap and you may end up with a nasty bill on the mat xx
Thank you so much for gettign back to me .

I have been and he seemed confused why I recieved the leaflet with extra charges he said everything is covered .
Dietician, 2 years cover, bloods etc etc.. and that no extra charges.. :) thank you!

Back