• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long for surgery?

buttery

I guy's just need a bit of help i got reffered from my gp in November to walsall manor for weight loss surgery and then i received a letter saying they wanted me to attend a 20 weeks weight programme at Jhoots in Darlaston, as anyone else gone threw the same proceedure? And if so how long after did u get accepted for surgery?

I guy's just need a bit of help i got reffered from my gp in November to walsall manor for weight loss surgery and then i received a letter saying they wanted me to attend a 20 weeks weight programme at Jhoots in Darlaston, as anyone else gone threw the same proceedure? And if so how long after did u get accepted for surgery?

Hello

Some pct require that you complete weight loss management programme some up too one years attendance.

As to your second question firstly you have to go through different tests and procedures with hospital thats of course is once they accept to do the procedure and funding has been granted, if your an Nhs patient then its normally around 18 months from referral to op, but that also varies from area to area. HTH

Good luck in wot u decide.

All the best - MeJulie xx

Thanks for that, i have got my final appoitment next week with Dr Heatland on my weight managment course but he as not yet mentioned surgery i am so worried that he wont suggest it as i think this is my last hope to loss weight do you think i shud just ask him outright?

Thanks for that, i have got my final appoitment next week with Dr Heatland on my weight managment course but he as not yet mentioned surgery i am so worried that he wont suggest it as i think this is my last hope to loss weight do you think i shud just ask him outright?

Well I dont know what your doctors procedure is once the course is completed as it varies from hosp to hosp, when I did my weight management thing, once completed it was only then was I referred to the surgeon, and as I mentioned in my previous post that there was still funding and any other tests/procedures you have to have done depending on any comorbidities and health issues you have etc.

All the best - MeJulie

Oh right thanks for that i will just have to wait and see then, its just a waiting game ent it,

Hi again.

It does take a while for things to get moving once u finally get accepted and funding approved etc, tbh its well worth the wait (no pun intended) and it does allow you time to prepare mentally for the task ahead. Please keep us all informed of how ur getting on.

All the best - MeJulie x x

I went for my last appoitment last night with Dr Heatland and he said that he going to send a letter of to the balatric team to apply for surgery, does that mean that i will have to wait to see if i get funding or what will happen next does anyone no? xx

Back