• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can I lose weight ???

Billie.x

Hi
So I'm at the beginning of my wls journey.
GP is making the referral for me to get on the tier 3 program.

If I lose weight now will it affect my eligibility ?
I want to lose some weight for my upcoming holiday.
My starting bmi is 45.8.
Do they use the bmi from referral or bmi at the start of the tier 3??

Thanks
X

Hi
So I'm at the beginning of my wls journey.
GP is making the referral for me to get on the tier 3 program.

If I lose weight now will it affect my eligibility ?
I want to lose some weight for my upcoming holiday.
My starting bmi is 45.8.
Do they use the bmi from referral or bmi at the start of the tier 3??

Thanks
X
Hi - I lost weight and the team were pleased. They need to know that you are serious and motivated.

fully agree with Chrisyd
they like to see you mean to do all your able to before and during this process and it helps you to get "into the zone" as well
good luck

Yes both right ladies. I was 29 stone when I stated, finished the 12 week thing but still under Dietitian, now just under 22 stone and the hospital still want me to lose another 21lb.
So yes the more you lose, better for the operation.

Even if I haven't started tier 3 yet xx

Yes, show them you are committed. The issues we have is not with shedding weight but sustaining the loss, which is where WLS comes into play. If you are bypassed you will not be able to eat for months, and never again like we did before surgery. The science of consumption versus expenditure is not complex, but the mental changes we have to embrace are the main challenge, so anything you do now to show that your head is in the zone and you are committed will get you brownie points. Good luck with your journey xxx

HI Billie
Yes even before you start the tier 3, show them you really want this. All the best on your journey.

Yes, show them you are committed. The issues we have is not with shedding weight but sustaining the loss, which is where WLS comes into play. If you are bypassed you will not be able to eat for months, and never again like we did before surgery. The science of consumption versus expenditure is not complex, but the mental changes we have to embrace are the main challenge, so anything you do now to show that your head is in the zone and you are committed will get you brownie points. Good luck with your journey xxx
This is so true xx

Back