• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling to lose my 5% needed during Tier 3 program

Potnoodle88

Hi all.

I’ve been on a tier 3 program for over a year now and I am struggling to lose my 5% to be referred for WLS.

I need about 1 more stone but you can only stay on the course for 18 months and I am running out of time to lose the rest.

I struggle with losing weight hense why I’m on the course so it’s so frustrating they want you to lose befor they will refer you.

Has this happened to anyone where they didn’t lose the 5% and what happened at the end of the course?

I should point out that my struggle to lose the weight is also because I got pregnant whilst on the course so that didn’t really help matters! Baby is now 4 months old.

Thanks xx

Last edited:
Hi all.

I’ve been on a tier 3 program for over a year now and I am struggling to lose my 5% to be referred for WLS.

I need about 1 more stone but you can only stay on the course for 18 months and I am running out of time to lose the rest.

I struggle with losing weight hense why I’m on the course so it’s so frustrating they want you to lose befor they will refer you.

Has this happened to anyone where they didn’t lose the 5% and what happened at the end of the course?

I should point out that my struggle to lose the weight is also because I got pregnant whilst on the course so that didn’t really help matters! Baby is now 4 months old.

Thanks xx
Hiya, unfortunately that is the same wherever you are, we have to lose the 5%, have you been on the milk diet? At Luton and Dunstable we have to do that for 1 month at the very star of our journey, it’s to prove commitment, show you can tolerate a high protein diet and it also goes a long way to helping to lose the 5%, we then have to do it again for 2 weeks pre-op, again this is at all hospitals as it shrinks the liver so the surgeon can move it to do the wls, some hospitals request the pre-op diet be don3 for longer than 2s weeks and some hospitals giv3 you a very low fat diet rather than the milk, could you consider doing it to help lose the 5%. Congratulations on the baby and good luck xx

Back