• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS procedures

Gladys Friday

I am getting a bit confused! I have been referred for surgery by my GP. I have a bmi of 58-63. It is between two numbers as I have seen/spoken to three medical people who have given me three different bmi. When reading other posts, they talk about tier 3 and going back to their GP for refferal. I have spoken to the hospital to give any dates of holiday so they can avoid them for my appointment. Will I have to go back to my GP after seeing someone at the hospital for another referral?

Thanks

Debbie

Hi. Each area works differently for me my doctor referred me to level 2 weight management and from there the dietician referred me to level 3 weight management after 6 months of level 3 I was referred by the level 3 dietician for surgery. This happened end of January and I got excepted for funding end of February and went to a seminar 9th March, seen surgeon 30th March and I've got my pre-op 8th June and surgery is 7th July. I don't know whether this answers your question, good luck and I hope all goes well for you.

Hi. Each area works differently for me my doctor referred me to level 2 weight management and from there the dietician referred me to level 3 weight management after 6 months of level 3 I was referred by the level 3 dietician for surgery. This happened end of January and I got excepted for funding end of February and went to a seminar 9th March, seen surgeon 30th March and I've got my pre-op 8th June and surgery is 7th July. I don't know whether this answers your question, good luck and I hope all goes well for you.

Can I ask wot area you are please x

Not sure if i'm right in saying this but in a lot of areas those with a higher end bmi seem to be able to skip the tier 3 or at least do a shorter version of course the only people who can really answer your question is your team BUT I would say, as they have already asked for your dates of holidays to avoid, sounds pretty much like your in their system already :) good luck hunni x x x

Back