• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can I Please Ask, Important

Val

Committed Weight Loser
This may have been asked before so I apologise if I haven't found the correct thread:)

I am worried by a comment in another thread, it said that some members here have got as far as the Op, and surgery was cancelled because the liver had not shrunk enough
I'm worried now, I really could not cope with that :(

I have been on pre-op diet the first 3 weeks hardly lost much, just a few pounds but this week on milk diet so far I have lost another 11 pounds how much do you need to loose for Op to be OK??

Oh Dear something else to worry about......:(

PS
Confession.. on milk diet I did eat an apple and a tomatoe....

I don't think the amount of weight you lose has much to do with it to be honest. I know it's worrying (I was convinced my op would be cancelled!), but all you can do is stick to your provider's rules. x

I don't think the amount of weight you lose has much to do with it to be honest. I know it's worrying (I was convinced my op would be cancelled!), but all you can do is stick to your provider's rules. x

Oh I see...I notice too we were similar weights and wondered how much did you loose on Pre'op diet

I lost 2 stone, but most of mine was in the 2 weeks of 1000cals. I didn't lose vast amounts on the 3 weeks of milk and yogurt. I was gutted about that lol!

I lost 2 stone, but most of mine was in the 2 weeks of 1000cals. I didn't lose vast amounts on the 3 weeks of milk and yogurt. I was gutted about that lol!
Oh Wow 2 stone was great!! makes my 1stone 3 pounds look pitiful;)
But as you say its individual and all I can say is I have 1 day left until Thursday so if I haven't done enough I cannot change that now....:rolleyes:

Just stick to the diet then you won't need to worry!

1 stone 3 is not to be sneezed at! I'm sure it will all go fine, but I've been there and I also know that no amount of me saying that will reassure! x

Hi honey
Weight loss is purely a nice side effect of the pre op diet :) Anyone who has more or less followed a low cal, them milk diet has nothing to worry about. Fatty livers are a problem as they get in the way of the surgeons tools but trust me, an apple & a tomato will in no way undo your good work :) Good luck for your op but I don't think you need it :) x

Just stick to the diet then you won't need to worry!

Mmmmmmmmm Yes I understand,
But others have stated that some do not have surgery as liver has not shrunk so hard not too worry...
Im out of time to loose much more, I Have tried exceedingly well to loose weight
but as others say if it was easy to diet non of us would need surgery;)

Hi honey
Weight loss is purely a nice side effect of the pre op diet :) Anyone who has more or less followed a low cal, them milk diet has nothing to worry about. Fatty livers are a problem as they get in the way of the surgeons tools but trust me, an apple & a tomato will in no way undo your good work :) Good luck for your op but I don't think you need it :) x

OMG you have made me feel so much better I cannot tell you..If you were here in my study I would huggggggggggggg you till you could not breath, lol
Thank you so much xxx:D

OMG you have made me feel so much better I cannot tell you..If you were here in my study I would huggggggggggggg you till you could not breath, lol
Thank you so much xxx:D

Any time ... you will have lots of questions & although I am a bypasser not a bander, you will always find someone who will know the answer's. There are some bander's who have had spectacular results & are happy to pass on their experiences.
Good luck, lovely x :)

Mmmmmmmmm Yes I understand,
But others have stated that some do not have surgery as liver has not shrunk so hard not too worry...
Im out of time to loose much more, I Have tried exceedingly well to loose weight
but as others say if it was easy to diet non of us would need surgery;)

It's not about losing weight. And I disagree, sticking to a diet short term is something most of us can do.

the pre op diet is not about losing pounds, so you need to lose the focus on how much you've lost or not.

It is shrinking the liver and preparing the body for surgery. But it's important to follow the guidelines you are given and that you must do that post surgery otherwise you will say your hand isn't working, when the reality will be you not working with your band!

It's not about losing weight. And I disagree, sticking to a diet short term is something most of us can do.

Yes I agreed with you..:confused:
I agree I think most could stick to short term diets, But I personally have lost the same 4 or 5 stones over and over again ..that is what I meant we cannot keep it off,:)

I think most would agree surgery is usually a last resort and not usually a decision taken lightly, great thought and deliberation is given

Its very hard to get over your point of view in a short written post online, :)

the pre op diet is not about losing pounds, so you need to lose the focus on how much you've lost or not.

It is shrinking the liver and preparing the body for surgery. But it's important to follow the guidelines you are given and that you must do that post surgery otherwise you will say your hand isn't working, when the reality will be you not working with your band!

Thanks Kat..so nice to be given support and information makes the worries disappear :)

I think I'm a little out of sorts at the moment, quite stressed as surgery is only a day away.

Hope everything goes well for you with your surgery minn. I'm sure if youve followed the guidelines your team has given you then everything will be fine.

Hope everything goes well for you with your surgery minn. I'm sure if youve followed the guidelines your team has given you then everything will be fine.
Thank you so much xxxxxx:)

Good luck with your op today!

Justine x

Thanks Kat..so nice to be given support and information makes the worries disappear :)

I think I'm a little out of sorts at the moment, quite stressed as surgery is only a day away.

It's ok and natural ! I was a wreck when my surgery was that close, the night before I sat and wrote letters to my son, I was that convinced I wasn't going to make it.

I was still writing in the hospital ahead of surgery LOL

It is natural to be worried and that stress level can go through the roof - my blood pressure was sky high when I checked in LOL

But, this is the start of a new life, my life started at 40 having my band and this past year has been amazing. I've started running club (I couldn't even run for a bus and now in 4 weeks I'm already hitting 2.5 miles and hill sprints!) I went tubing on holiday with my son down a gorge, I could put the table down on the plane and the seatbelt fitted.

Plus I can stand on the sidelines and watch him play sport at school and not have them comment to him about the size of his Mum (which he did have in his first match in september last year - I was 10 stone heavier)

It is hard, pre-surgery to imagine how things can change, of all the things that you can achieve, but its looking forward to that change, whatever it is, that got me through.

:)

Val, if you need anything, if you want to chat I'm always around, happy to send you my number if you want a text buddy or anything at all!

Kat x

Back