• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can i just ask about the milk diet?

buglady

hi im due to start the milk diet on june the 4th or fifth i was just wondering what day do you stop feeling light headded? is it like the cambridge sole source diet cause i got to the second full day and i felt sick headache dizzy light headded so i went to going sole source to having shakes in the day and an evening meal im so worried about not coping with it or do you all think ill be ok cause there is a goal at the end of it do you stop feeling hungry with the milk diet after a certain amount of days?? i know i will do it but i will still have to work even on the day of my op as my op is in the evening!? thanks everyone!:)

Hi,

We're all different, so it's hard to judge how you'll react. Most people find that the headaches/dizziness and hunger stop on or after day 3. I did the milk one and certainly found that a few days in I felt fine.

Personally i never once felt dizzy or light headed, but the hunger pains in my tummy were awful until day 4, after that it got loads easier.
Good luck x

Hi BL

I've not really felt hungry this week more just empty feeling and certainly found it easier than CD sole source because I could have flavoured 'no added sugar' squash and not just water and could have the milk spread out more over the day than just 3 packs a day. I felt wishy washy on day 2 at work and have felt a little more tired but after 4 days have lost 7lb (have been naughty and weighing every morning :eek:)

you'll be fine :)

Hello lovely,

Youll be fine on the diet, I have had a couple of light headaches, but i'm not surprised as my body has had a massive shift in what i'm putting into it.

Haven't felt that hungry, but I did say to my hubby last night that 'I could really do with chewing something' (I don't need to tell you what he offered ;) :eek:)

Thats the only thing im missing is having food in my mouth to chew, but otherwise its not so bad.Ive also lost 7lbs on it, so good kickstart to the new me I hope

xxxx

thanks everyone im guessing its going to go by quickly i got my pre op app today two days b4 the op on the 10th so hopefully ill be fine and it will start at the weekend so at least ill have no work or does work keep me busy? anyway 18 days til the op!!

What exactly IS allowed on the milk diet? I phoned the dietitian at Walsall last week to ask about having soya milk and she said no. I asked why, as if I know why I have to do something one way and not another, I tend to be alot more accepting of it. She said because of the carbs. Well the soya milk I have is unsweetened, and is way less carbs even than skimmed milk, so she said I could have that. I am considering the milk diet because I intend to have decaf lattes all day.... is coffee allowed? What else is allowed? I HATE yoghurt - what kind of yoghurt can you have though? I was going to compare nutritional value with fromage frais...!!! I just think it will be alot easier to do the milk one than be allowed such a small amount of food each day - what happens when you start really growling mid-morning or mid-afternoon and you can't have anything until dinner time!!!! Help!

Chivas,

Its not as bad as it sounds.I have been drinking lots of water, and lovely milky coffee (which is no hardship for me as I lurrrrrrve milky coffees :drool:).

You would have to speak to your clinic to ask about the f frais, as they recommend low fat yoghurt, which i believe is lower in calories than its equivalent in fromage frais, and its all to prepare the old liver into shink mode, so operating is easier, and recovery is better for you.

I am bored of it, but not suffering from hunger at all, could just murder a family sized bar of Galaxy ;)

xxxx

Hi Emma, I think the reason i'm thinking of trying the milk diet instead of the food one is because I can't see any scope for when you get hungry between breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner, with the food one. Whereas, like you, I love lattes/milky coffees and could just have another one of those! 4 pints is a good few lattes, although I don't really want to have to fork out a fortune for espressos at work all day so might have to make a flask of them in the morning and although they won't be as good as a fresh, they'll do.

With regard to yoghurts, I looked at the nutritional values today of low fat fromage frais and low fat yoghurt - if it's no fruit in at all, then they are much of a muchness. Carbs are similar. If there is fruit in then the fromage frais comes in as less carbs. However, I don't know what we're meant to have. I've bought a blueberry muller light today to try it again, see if I can stand it!! Could just block my nose I guess!!! ha ha! I might try freezing it too. But if you can only have plain, I'll have FF instead.

I was ok with the milk and yoghurt diet.I did find having my coffee made with milk was more satisfying than just a glass of cold milk. I think by day 3 it was just a natural feeling of fulfilment, no headaches or hunger pangs. Good luck xxGaynorxx

Back