• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Struggling

sophiapink100

So a bit of back story - I was due to have op in feb and it got cancelled three weeks prior (having started pre op diet) due to health problems.

I now have another date and it is 14th July. After my last pre op diet I put weight on. I'm not trying to lose weight desperately before I go to pre op appt in case they now turn me away because I gained the weight I had lost originally.

Any ideas welcome? I have 3 weeks to get shifting those pounds!! :)

Drink water, lots of it. As much as you can (though you can drink too MUCH water, to the extent it can be dangerous so not bath fulls!)

Not everybody likes it but if you can, try to eat lots of fish. Filling and nutritious without being high in calories.

It may also be worth keeping a food diary for the next three weeks. That way if you are still a few pounds up you can show how seriously you have been taking things. Something is in the back of my mind that you are a Derby-ite? At my pre-op I had lose weight but had been concerned I hadn't. Both the nurse and Rita the dietician said that unless it was significant then there wouldn't have been a problem.

So a bit of back story - I was due to have op in feb and it got cancelled three weeks prior (having started pre op diet) due to health problems. I now have another date and it is 14th July. After my last pre op diet I put weight on. I'm not trying to lose weight desperately before I go to pre op appt in case they now turn me away because I gained the weight I had lost originally. Any ideas welcome? I have 3 weeks to get shifting those pounds!! :)

How much have you gained?

Drink water, lots of it. As much as you can (though you can drink too MUCH water, to the extent it can be dangerous so not bath fulls!) Not everybody likes it but if you can, try to eat lots of fish. Filling and nutritious without being high in calories. It may also be worth keeping a food diary for the next three weeks. That way if you are still a few pounds up you can show how seriously you have been taking things. Something is in the back of my mind that you are a Derby-ite? At my pre-op I had lose weight but had been concerned I hadn't. Both the nurse and Rita the dietician said that unless it was significant then there wouldn't have been a problem.

Thanks Hun. Will try my best :)

Im afraid I haven't really got any advice, just didn't want to read and not reply... so good luck, xx

3kg will vanish with the pre op diet. Don't worry about it, just try and stick to lower carb low sugar eating until your appointment and if you can, try a calorie counting app like my fitness pal and record everything that goes in - you'll be amazed how quickly the calories add up! Prior to my pre op appointment I aimed for 1500 calories a day with healthy eating and tracked it all and I lost several kg. It was also a good transition and made the 1000 calorie pre op diet easier as I was gradually reducing my calories rather than going from 2500+ on a bad day down to 1000 overnight.
Be kind to yourself, you've made a really big decision and you're doing really well X

3kg will vanish with the pre op diet. Don't worry about it, just try and stick to lower carb low sugar eating until your appointment and if you can, try a calorie counting app like my fitness pal and record everything that goes in - you'll be amazed how quickly the calories add up! Prior to my pre op appointment I aimed for 1500 calories a day with healthy eating and tracked it all and I lost several kg. It was also a good transition and made the 1000 calorie pre op diet easier as I was gradually reducing my calories rather than going from 2500+ on a bad day down to 1000 overnight. Be kind to yourself, you've made a really big decision and you're doing really well X

Thank you so much! This really helped. The dietitian at the hospital told me not to worry too much, but ultimately it's the surgeons decision. As long as I get down to my previous pre op appt weight or close I will be happy. X

Back