• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can it really happen to me

newlifeforme

i am 38 and have always struggled with my weight - i have decided to take the plunge to get surgery as dieting is obviously just not a solution for me. pretty sure ill get a band and im going private and its the least expensive option ... i was considering pose but having read the success stories here dont feel the need to spend the extra 3 k ... i am completely ignorant about suitable providers but have spoken with SPIRE - has anyone had any dealings with this group - do I need to do background research on the surgeon - is there anything I must do to ensure the smoothest journey

Last edited:
I went with Spire for my sleeve and they were brilliant!

Good luck with your journey!

Nx

Hi newlifeforme

I'm a fellow newbie such as youself so congrats on making this choice, know its very hard!

I'm probably going private for a sleeve.I found googling providers quite overwhelming but Spire is one of the ones that seemed reputable and high quality to me. I went to Spire Harpenden today to see the WLS dietician and they definitely put me at ease.

Best of luck with the search and let me know if you hear of a good one :)

I went with Wls group. Consider the aftercare as you want it fairly local for band fills! Wls group have more than kept their promises to me with proactive contact etc. definitely research the surgeon but for me that kind f felt like the east important part as with the band it's all about what happens month on month after with top ups!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I went with Spire Leicester for my bypass 2 years ago. I've never once regretted my decision - they were absolutely fantastic. But yeah, you should research your surgeon as much as possible.

Back