• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thanks to everyone...Consultant was impressed today!

Chuffy_29

Went to Spire Southampton today to see about having the POSE procedure. It was really interesting and Mr Byrne was very impressed with my knowledge of procedures...mainly what i'd gleaned from all of you so thanks :)

Anyone who is thinking about a band might like to think about POSE it's less invasive and restrictive...if anyone wants more info pm me.

We also talked through RNY and sleeve (i'd discounted band anyway) and my risk of death is the same for both (about 2 in 1000). Mr Byrne thought i'd do well on both but was a bit concerned about POSE as my habits need a good shake up!

He is going to arrange the next stage where i meet with the rest of the team (anaesthetist, dietician etc) and hopefully by then i'll have made a choice!

He is really impressed with the quality of info from this site and said he has heard about it from lots of his patients. Yay WLSurgery.com :grouphugg:

Thats sounds really interesting. What is a POSE by the way.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

good news hey sweets, but whats pose?.. xx

The incisionless Weight Loss Surgery procedure, also known as POSE (Primary Obesity Surgery, Endolumenal) allows surgeons to decrease the size of the patient’s stomach without making an incision on the outside of their body.
Incisionless surgery offers several advantages over the traditional open and laparoscopic surgery including reduced risk of infection, less post-operative pain, and no visible scars. The procedure promises to reduce many of the serious complications often associated with bariatric surgery.
The incisionless procedure is performed using Incisionless Operating Platform (IOP) and a flexible endoscope. Physicians inserted the scope and the IOP through the patient's mouth. They then used the IOP tools to grasp the stomach tissue and deploy suture anchors to create multiple tissue folds in the stomach wall to reduce its size.
If the promise of the incisionless surgical procedure of reduced complications and faster recovery times holds true, incisionless surgery could significantly expand the number of patients who are able to undergo weight loss surgery.

this is very interesting i may mention it at my appointment next week x

Wow, that sounds really amazing, I wasn't aware that there was such a procedure, sounds super, hope it works out for you xxx

POSE is what Kelly said!!! lol Basically using endoscopy it takes pleats (or pinches) of the inside of your stomach and reduces the top of your stomach. They think it works by making you feel fuller sooner and sending the message "you are full" to your brain sooner. Mr Byrne called it a gentle tap in shoulder approach and said it works well for some but no long term data yet. I believe that it is only done at Southampton and in Louisiana in the USA.

Glad it all went well honey. xxx

So pleased it went well for you today :D Good luck with your next appointment and decision making!
Ive heard of this proceedure, I think they use it in USA for people who have stretched their pouches asweel, to reduce the size again!! I think its the same thing! XX

Back