• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is a VSG really what you want for your birthday gift??

MoniDavina

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but have been lurking for a while.....

I feel like my story is pretty similar to most others who have reached this point in that I have spent most of my adult life, since I was 16, trying this diet or that diet only to end up heavier as a result. I am now at my heaviest and also my most mentally tired of the yo-yo cycle, I've finally decided that I need to stop playing this game and just get on with it!

I've been thinking about WLS, either RNY or VSG, for some time now but the part of me that thought it's just too extreme always seemed to win out. But as with most things, you get to the tipping point where you realise that the alternative, getting bigger and bigger, is just not the life you want.

So here I am, having decided on the VSG as it seemed less evasive but with decent results. My decision was also really helped by reading some of your stories. Also, watching TLC's my 600lb life and realising that that could be me if I don't do something now.

I've decided to get my op done in Prague via Beautiful Beings, if anyone has any reviews of them it would be great if you could share, at Clinic 03 (SurGal in Brno) I am in the UK and didn't want to wait for the NHS.

I'm booked in for 2nd August which will be my 33rd birthday, hence the title.

It's weird but as I get closer, I am starting to feel a bit sad that it has come to this and just wishing that I had never let it get his far:( but I know that what I am doing will be best for me in the long run as I don't want to spend the rest of my life like this.

Any pre-op tips would be so welcome and I will be sure to share throughout my journey

Have a lovely day

Hi, Im new also,
awaiting my date, so don't think il be of any help to you
I get the age thing though...im nearly 40! (I feel like life is just passing me by, And im on the inside of a tiny glass bottle...watching everyone else, getting on, seemingly with happy fulfilling lives)

Welcome to the forum,
I wish you all the sucsess in the world, with your weightloss journey.
Toni :rainbow:

Hi there,
I had my gastric sleeve with Surgal Clinic on the 7th of June, I had really good experience with them, the nurses were brilliant, particularly the intensive care nurses who catered to my every need and the hospital is really nice, and very clean. If you have any questions about them I'd be happy to answer :).

Hi. I had my sleeve there on the 13th of June. First class treatment all the way. I've got no regrets. Good luck

Hi, Im new also,
awaiting my date, so don't think il be of any help to you
I get the age thing though...im nearly 40! (I feel like life is just passing me by, And im on the inside of a tiny glass bottle...watching everyone else, getting on, seemingly with happy fulfilling lives)

Welcome to the forum,
I wish you all the sucsess in the world, with your weightloss journey.
Toni :rainbow:

Thanks for your well wishes, I wish you all the luck in the world too.

I also know what you mean about feeling like life is passing you by, I know losing the weight won't automatically fix things but I know it will greatly contribute to my happiness and general well being.

Let us know when your dates come through, hopefully it will be a smooth process for you xx

Hi there,
I had my gastric sleeve with Surgal Clinic on the 7th of June, I had really good experience with them, the nurses were brilliant, particularly the intensive care nurses who catered to my every need and the hospital is really nice, and very clean. If you have any questions about them I'd be happy to answer :).

Hey, thanks for replying. It's taken away some of the nerves.

Did you travel with someone? and how did you feel about flying home so soon after the op? Also what meds did they give you to take home? lots of questions!

Hey, thanks for replying. It's taken away some of the nerves.

Did you travel with someone? and how did you feel about flying home so soon after the op? Also what meds did they give you to take home? lots of questions!

Hi, I travelled with my husband, but the two other people who had their sleeve on the same day as me travelled on their own. I was fine flying home, just needed help carrying my suitcase up the stairs onto the plane. They sent me home with antibiotics, liquid pain meds, Lansoprazole, and injections to prevent deep vein thrombosis x

Back