• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can u loose inches but not lbs?

BandyEmm

hey all just wondering, can you loose inches from body parts but it not show on the dreaded scales?

:confused:

hey all just wondering, can you loose inches from body parts but it not show on the dreaded scales?

:confused:

YES YES AND YES i am living proof of it lol, i have stalled since day 6 but now 23 days post op and have shrunk 2 sizes, i did not think it could happen but it does.Measure urslef weekly and really dont get fixated on the pounds, i did and it messed up my head the past 2 weeks xxx

most definitely. The weeks where people seem to see my weight loss are nearly always the weeks when the scales were stuck. During my recent 3 week stall I dropped an entire dress size.

phew... was becoming rather obsessed with the nasty scales but keep loosing me draws xx

yay am smiling now hehe xx

Yes ,i know what you mean, i have noticed that my clothes are getting very loose , but i didn't lose any weight for a couple of wks , its weird that we concentrate on what the scales say rather than how we feel , it is coming off albeit slowly.

Same here.

I didn't lose in about 2 weeks, yet all of my friends were saying how much thinner I looked.

Weird isn't it.

xx

Hi Emm

Those dreaded scales :eek: ,thats why i dont have any in the house i would be weighing my morning noon and night lol.

I have put a picture of 5lbs of fat and 5lbs of muscle below it may help you see the difference of why you may not be loosing weight but are loosing inches,this is more evident with exercising.

Keep up the gr8 work
xx

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 25
Yes, I would definitely measure yourself. I took loads of measurements all over my body the morning before I went in for my op. 3 weeks post-op & I was a bit disappointed at how slowly the weight seemed to be coming off when I was eating so little, I was losing it faster on the pre-op diet! So I decided to redo all my measurements.

I had lost an inch and a half from round my neck, an inch from the tops of my arms, an inch from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, an inch from my thighs, and even half an inch from my calves!!! And that was in just 3 weeks!!!

It definitely made me feel a lot better & I stopped worrying about what the scales said - although yes, I do still weigh myself every morning, lol.

thanks everyone, hope i can find a tape measure big enough to fit around my stomach :D ................ or a tape measure for building lol xx

Emm go buy a ball of string! Just cut one piece for each part of your body you measure... You can do your measurements every couple of weeks and compare your strings...

You'll be surprised xx

Back