• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not losing weight but losing inches?

Meggie moo

I've been reading a couple of threads where people have stalled on their weight loss but are still losing inches?

How come? How can you lose inches without weight loss?sorry if I'm being thick just trying to get my head round it?

Is it from exercise and toning - but that can also make you gain weight as muscle heavier that fat?

Very confused lol

Thanks
Paula x

How come? How can you lose inches without weight loss?sorry if I'm being thick just trying to get my head round it?

Because sometimes it takes time for the body to catch up You lose 20 lbs and woosh they've gone off the scales, but don't always see that much difference in your shape straight away.

Then you have two weeks of no loss, but your body starts "shifting" the flab around, rearranging how it hangs on your skeleton ..... you then start to notice jeans are slightly too loose on the waist etc, even tho this is a week the scales are not showing a loss.

It is a quirk of the way our bodies work and deal with weight loss.

Is it from exercise and toning - but that can also make you gain weight as muscle heavier that fat?

Not especially.

That might be the reason for a few peeps who are doing lots of exercise, but many of us experience this phenomenon of "stall weeks = time to get skinny clothes and enjoy my new lower size" even without exercise.

Sharonimo said:
Because sometimes it takes time for the body to catch up You lose 20 lbs and woosh they've gone off the scales, but don't always see that much difference in your shape straight away.

Then you have two weeks of no loss, but your body starts "shifting" the flab around, rearranging how it hangs on your skeleton ..... you then start to notice jeans are slightly too loose on the waist etc, even tho this is a week the scales are not showing a loss.

It is a quirk of the way our bodies work and deal with weight loss.

Not especially.

That might be the reason for a few peeps who are doing lots of exercise, but many of us experience this phenomenon of "stall weeks = time to get skinny clothes and enjoy my new lower size" even without exercise.

Thanks x

Stalled at just over 80kg for about 2.5 months but lost 3 dress sizes in that time. I am in the gym every day but don't go for the muscle weighs more etc. I'm not doing anything too strenuous !!

Wish the scales would shift... But still lost loads of lard so all good in the right direction, just wish the scales would move:rolleyes:

Back