• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can you grow through weight loss

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hiya,
I have always beleived i am 5 foot 6 inches tall. Having lost the weight i have a friend who is 5 feet 6 inches said i was taller than her so at work yesterday i had my height measured 5feet 7 inches and we checked it 3 times with two different people. Do you think when we loose weight your skelleton is not weighed down so much and exspands back a little?:eek::eek:
Any way i am pleased as my bmi is even lower now.

Janey:D:D

Maybe you are standing tall and proud!!! Perhaps you are not stooping because of discomfort or pain? Wait till your shoe size goes down a size - it is great going from an 8 to a 7.

OMG I have just noticed your amount you lost. Brilliant - well done!!!!

yes i have grown an inch as i had always been 4ft 10 and am now 4ft 11.the reason given to me is the the spine is no longer compressed with all the weight we were carrying!!

I think so. I always was 5'3" during high school and then when I got fat I became 5'2" so here is hoping to getting my inch back.

This is interesting, Janey. I was always 5' 6" (from my teens), but when I was weighed at the bariatric clinic, I was 5'5". This was a bit depressing, as I had calculated my BMI based on being taller than that. :sigh:

I'm wondering if my excess weight has 'pulled me down' as it were and I can't help hoping that I'll get taller again as I lose it!

I alwyas thought I was 5' 4 1/2" at my pre-op assessment and appointments I was measured at 5' 2" and when I had my first knee replaced I was 5' 3".

Does alter your BMI :)

I have arthritis in my spine from neck to bottom - so don't doubt there is some shrinkage there - but I know I stand taller

And now I've lost my bottom I can get closer to the ruler ;)

Angela

Back