• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can you lose too much weight??

gemma-lou88

I had my appointment with the dietician & nurse at SRH in July and i had GAINED :eek: over a stone (21st,2lb).. i didnt have a clue how as i have always eat the same way and always stayed around the 20st mark. I explained the only change was i was on new antidepressants and had been on the depo injection, she said that could be why and gave me a target to get back to 20st by January.. anyways my question is can you lose too much? as i wanted to prove i was dedicated and have dropped 2st to 19st. my BMI is very close to dropping under 40 and im worried if i go back with a lower BMI they can refuse to put me on the list as it will be too low? should i continue losing as much as i can or concentrate on maintaining? help please! :confused:

You weight loss is amazing and I understand your concerns cause they were mine too at your stage. Personally I would think about maintaining now as your success could be seen as an ability to do it on your own in this economic time. The weight loss will be really good for getting your body ready for surgery and a quick recovery. Good luck Sally Xx

yeah i see what you mean and thats what im worried about.. i have been to 19st a few times in the past but can never get past it then give up and gain it back plus more.. iv been stuck at this weight a few weeks now even though im trying my hardest to lose more xx

hi, i to am at srh and my start weight was 21 st, i went back to my third appointment weighing 18,13... im now 18, 6.. im tryin to get down to 18 so i can enjoy xmas..... dr small said to me, i was on the list but not to put on the weight, and to maintain...... i would personnally maintain, i find if i diet all week, then have a weekend off, that helps me to maintain wont work for everyone i suppose... i to was told at srh they go off your bmi at the first appointment as they know people can get weight off but its the maintaining thats hard... hope that helps so on your next appointment you should get on the list then?... xx

yeah i should get on the list on my next appointment i hope. im not sure if i will need an endoscopy (not sure if that is spelled correct) the dietician said that a bypass sounds best for me and thats what id like but i havent seen the surgeon yet to see what he thinks. i was also trying to get as far down as possible as im scared i will gain over christmas then turn up at my next appointment in jan not meeting my target as i gain weight really fast.. i had chocolate one day on the weekend a few month back, got weighed after the weekend and gained 7lb!! oops! xxx

If i was you i'd concentrate on maintaining... Keep your eye on the ball though, how awful that your next appt is just after Christmas. It's when we enjoy our food the most... However if you are concerned you can't resist the goodies, then don't buy them :) xx

Back