• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lost too much weight too fast???

sewingbelle56

Hi i have just come back from my gyny appointment at hospital i have to have another small op to see if the linning of my womb is growing out side(cant spell proper name for it) to see if thats what causing me all my pain at time of the month and if that doesnt work its suffer or have a hysterectomy

i was proudly telling my dr i had lost weight since august 6th because of a bypass,
they measured and weighed me quick as a flash and by there records i have lost 25kg i think its more like 20- 22kg dependent on time of month bloat but he said i was loosing too much too fast.

should i be worried ?

i still dont manage to eat more than 2-4 table spoons at a meal and i eat 3 a day, but i am eating a lot of cheese and groung nuts and seeds for my protein cant manage meat and i like the slimfast smoothies so if i need a boost i have 1 of thoose

i had just started relaxing about not eating enough and now i am unsure again is it possible too lose to much to fast ??

Well done on the weightloss sewingbelle its fantastic, I dont know anything about the bypass as i am a bander but if you are worried or concerned give your provider a call and tell them what the gynea bloke said to you at least then they can put your mind at rest :) sorry i cant be of anymore help to you but i am sure someone more experienced will come along and put your mind at ease, good luck with everything X

I cant bear these medics who know little or nothing about bypass surgery and scaremonger people - your weightloss is fab and perfectly normal for a bypass - look, I had my op in April this year and Ive just lost 8 stone - my hospital is thrilled with me as is my GP. Dont panic, you are doing fine. Just keep your fluid intake up and try and have protein at every meal - I know its horribly difficult at first but it gets easier.

Have you got endometriosis hun?I had a hysterctomy at 37 cos if it, it's awful innit:mad:I wouldn't take any notice of what your gynae says, as he isn't an expert on wls is he;):D

HI Belle

I agree with Caroline, general medics dont appreciate just how rapid the weight loss is with gastric bypass. My own GP was gobsmacked too.

I think your weight loss is about right hun - just on the high side of average which is where I think we would all want to be.

Dont worry. Your diet sounds healthy. He just doesnt get it.

Hiya

If your surgeons not concerned about your losses then why should they be!.

Sounds like we have similar problems, Ive got to have a laparoscopy on 17th Nov to check how things are now - 4 years after my first one and things not getting any better. My GP orginally referred me for a full pelvic clearence ie everything out which hopefully will happen after this op.

Maz x

Looks good to me but now you've got me worried about myself mum thinks ice lost too much weight to quick but I'm only 13days post op so I havnt really been eating sorry to take over your topic but is 1 stone 7lb too much for 13days? My nurse don't know nothing lol she keeps asking me questions. I hope everything goes ok with your gyne I feel for you belle x x takeextra care

Hello there

I agree with the posts, If your Wls team are not alarmed with your weight loss , then there is nowt to worry about ! Very well done on your weight loss, be proud and enjoy it, and long may it continue.

All the best - MeJulie xx

Back