• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much weight did you lose???

Meggie

Hi,
I am going to be a bridesmaid two and a half months after my op. I know everyone is different but how much did you all lose in the first couple of months after bypass?? The only reason I'm asking is that I need to go and buy my bridesmaid dress, but don't know what size I'll be by then!!! I'll try and put the dress-buying off as long as possible!!!

Also, I'm slightly worried about being no use to my friend as a bridesmaid because I haven't healed well!!! How long did everybody take to heal and get back to work/normality!?!

Hello Meggie

I am about 7 weeks post op and have lost 25lbs - many people have lost more than me by this time but I am happy with my rate of loss.

As for the healing - I found I was able to move normally and sleep normally within three weeks of the op. I had keyhole surgery

Hope this helps :)

hi hun everyone is very diffrent i was all healed 3 weeks after my bypass i lost 3 and a half stone in my first 2 months but were all diffrent but i wish you luck and i hope you heal great and a great day at the wedding xxxxxx

Try and get a dress that has some give in it so it will allow for any weight loss but also fit you whilst still losing weight. I had my daughter's graduation to go to 4 weeks post op (i know it's different from a bridesmaid dress) so i bought a dress one dress size down from my largest size it was fitted but the material had give in it so i didn't look too bad - in fact i looked quite nice. With my weight loss at that time too i'd lost nearly 3st so you could see a difference in my face etc. But don't be disheartened everyone is different and i am sure you will look beautiful for your friend's big day.

Sending hugs with fairy dust xx

yep, i'd lost about 3 stones in the first 2 months. I think you will be fully healed by then so as long as you dont have to do much bending or lifting you will be absolutely fine xx

I am 37 pounds down, after 7 weeks (plus 1 weeks pre-op diet). I have gone from a size 22/24 to a size 18 if that's any help. I am changing shape every day so it is hard to know what size I will be at any future point.

I am 4 weeks post op and down 33 pounds but my clothes sizes haven't really changed yet but it could be because I am just wearing my clothes very baggy.

I met another lady who lost 40 pounds in the 2 months post bypass so everyone is so very, very different.

Two months post op I had lost 2st 9lb including the loss from the pre op diet. I went down from a 22/24 to a 20. Hope this helps.

I am now 2.5 months post op and have lost 3stones. I was a size 22 (well a tight 20 lol) and can now fit into a size 16 in most shops. You may not think it straight after your op, but give it time and you will suddenly wake up and think OMG this is the best thing I've ever done. You will feel and look great and will change on a daily and weekly basis.

Good luck with your op and the wedding.

Hi hun - I lost 2 stone in the first 2 months - but everyone really is different x

Back