• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't believe I cried!!!

TessG

I have been really struggling. My weightloss hasn't been great. I am really sick. I have developed gallstones. I didn't tell anyone except my closest family about my surgery so my friends are all in the dark and I feel miserable.

Today I had to go to the doctors. I had to see a different doctor to my usual one. While I was there I asked about vitamins in a different form to tablets because they don't stay down, but instead answering my question he prescribed more tablets to add to the twenty a day i already take. Lectured me about my diet and my need for a smear test.

I then went to the chemist to get my prescription and to see if they could be any more use with the vitamin thing (they couldn't). I explained about my surgery and the doctor but the reponse I got was a pat on the stomach and was told 'don't worry, your creating the most magical thing ever'- What Gallstones!!!???

The woman thought I was pregnant. I'm 5 stone lighter than my heaviest weight and i'm still being mistaken for being pregnant. A fatter me would have laughed it off and made some silly comment.

Instead, I cried!

I can't believe I cried! How stupid is that.

The woman didn't seem to even notice she had said anything wrong.

I'm never going to be able to show my face in there again.

Me personally i'd have been chuffed if she thought i was pregnant, at least she never thought you fat.... Never thought of that did you? Not sure what i can say about your tablets, maybe see a more sympathetic doctor next time who understands your surgery better xx

oh bless you. I hate days like that when it seems no one is listening to me. I made them take me off the smear test register because I was so sick of being reminded. Aren't your vitamins in a chewable tablet form? I know it's really hard when you have so many to take but perhaps you need to spread them out a bit more or make sure they are taken with food?

Re the pregnancy thing though. It must mean that the rest of you is so slim now that she just assumed your tummy was a bit round from pregnancy. If you'd been your previous weight she would just have seen it as fat.

Poor you what a rotten day. Doctors can be really useless sometimes.
The vitimin that I take is bassetts soft and chewy. It's like eating a jelly sweet..yum!
Iam over due my smear test too and keep getting reminders. I know it's very important to have them it's just the thought of getting nearly naked. I'm not bothered about my lady bits, it's my legs and stomach that make me cringe!
Must get to it though. I have often thought about what I would say if I was mistaken for being pregnant. Especially when I find myself browsing at the clothes in the maternity section by mistake!
I hope you feel better soon xxx
ps..have a float on my cloud of lovelinessxx

Last edited:
Hang in there. It will get better and when you are a super model u will show them all!!

People are so ignorant. Don't let them get you down.

Thanks for the encouragement. I think everything is getting on top of me and today was the final straw. What with pain, sickness and uni exams looming I just am a mess. I feel like i am holding on by the skin of my teeth to reality and having to rely on doctors and pharmacists for help for an operation that they don't understand or in some cases approve of is just a real pig!

Today just finished me off i'm afraid.

Oh sounds like you've had a horrible day, sending you big hugs xxx

Back