• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't believe it! Surgery next month!!

Lisav

I went to meet with Mr Bruno Sgromo today the lead bariatric surgeon in oxfords manor hospital and he was so lovely! After going through all his questions it looks like I am seeing his dietician on Monday and then having surgery at the end of April! After waiting on the nhs for over a year this doesnt seem fair, but he himself told me that I wasn't unwell enough to qualify for funding so I'm very lucky that my parents are able to lend me the money. So it's all go!! I just need to confirm the time off with work and then I can go and get banded! Whoop!!! On another note, I was involved in a serious accident yesterday and was knocked off my moped by a car while I was stopped waiting to go around a roundabout - was knocked unconscious and was treated for a suspected spinal injury - I'm feeling very lucky that it was just a bad case of concussion and whiplash but being taken to hospital by ambulance while strapped down to a spinal board was not fun! I'm very very lucky

Goodness! Sorry to hear that! So glad it wasn't worse

Congrats on getting a date let's us know how you get on x

Congrats! Not on the accident- that's rubbish! X

Sorry to hear bout your accident but pleased your ok.
Hope everything goes well with your op x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

OMG you are a lucky girl. you must have a guardian angel watching over you darlin. hope you are ok and great news about your op too xx

Woohoo!! Happy days!!!

Lisav said:
I have a date!!!!! 4th May!!! WAHOOOO :p

Woooohooo!!! Even better!!! Not long now!! I had 28 days notice and it flew!!! Yours will too :D

Lisav said:
I have a date!!!!! 4th May!!! WAHOOOO :p

Same day as me! But I am having a bypass! Congrats

4th may will be here before you know it...get counting down those days girlies!!!
Take it easy following your accident, just in case! Want you fit n well for surgery!
There's alot to be said for going private...I was 13 days from consultation to operation....I know it's costly but I don't regret it for a minute xxx

32 days to go!

Eeep! Just been contacted by the hospital - they made a mistake with the date and the surgeon is actually away then, so its the 8th May for my OP! Still so excited :)

I'm having my op at the end of April too, starting my pre-op diet on Tuesday and then the coundown will begin. I know this is the right thing for me but I still feel very nervous about it. Hope all goes well for you. x

OMIGOODNESS - good luck to all, can't wait to hear about mine lol x

I'm having my op at the end of April too, starting my pre-op diet on Tuesday and then the coundown will begin. I know this is the right thing for me but I still feel very nervous about it. Hope all goes well for you. x

You too x

Good luck Jamast!

Back