• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nhs funding for banding

kelster

Hi Everyone,
I am very new to all this and never been on a forum before but wanted some advice. I have booked an appointment with my GP next week to ask for a referal for banding but not sure if my background is enough to qualify for it and wondered if anyone had any advice.
I am 29yrs old and have a bmi of 47 and tried all diets like everyone else has and been on xenicol before but found them horrid and after a while i stopped taking them, last year whilst i was 35wks pregnant i had eclampsia and had a stroke down my right side and they discovered the following day i had a blood clot in my brain which has now gone, but the stroke and blood clot was only related to my pregnancy so i don't know if this with go against me or help my case? But because of my past condition ( labelled as eclampsia which is also linked to high blood pressure) they will not give me reretuctil as this can cause high blood pressure, to be honest my GP is frightened to give me anything now incase it triggers something off and even said i was lucky to be sat talking to him, scary! But i was told that my weight didn't help my situation, sorry to babble on but any advice i would appreciate.

Hi hun - there is a great thread up in the stickies that covers all the stuff you need to know about NHS funding.

I am private so I can't help but didn't want to read and run.

Back