• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cant believe it !!!!!

hesh

im 11 days post op and ive had a little obsession on jumping on the scales as the numbers seem to be going down every other day which has gave me a boost, i havent been on 4 a couple of days so i looked this morning and ive put on 3lb is that possible all i have been eating is fruit veg a few carbs loads of protein ive followed it religous ???

Yep, all normal, honey ... your insides will still be very swollen & struggling to come to terms with what has happened to them :eek: It sometimes results in a small weight gain. It will come off again soon, just keep your liquids up. Also it can sometimes be related to TOM (time of month). xxx :):)

Yep, all normal, honey ... your insides will still be very swollen & struggling to come to terms with what has happened to them :eek: It sometimes results in a small weight gain. It will come off again soon, just keep your liquids up. Also it can sometimes be related to TOM (time of month). xxx :):)

i was going to say the same :D

Don't worry, that happened to me on week 3, then a few days later it was gone and took a couple more with it. It was my totm x

when is the best time post op to start weighing ourselves?
The last time I was weighed was on day of op and I had lost 15lbs since I was weighed pre op

Yes it fluctuates a lot so dont worry as long as you know your making the right choices then you will loose. I was exactly the same though, I got a bit obsessed with the scales to the point that I had to get hubby to hide them in the garage, where I wont go cos I'm scared of spiders... LOL!

Dougie, the reason I haven;t weighted yet is I have no bathroom scales at home......yet that is why I asked when is the best time to weigh in

im 11 days post op and ive had a little obsession on jumping on the scales as the numbers seem to be going down every other day which has gave me a boost, i havent been on 4 a couple of days so i looked this morning and ive put on 3lb is that possible all i have been eating is fruit veg a few carbs loads of protein ive followed it religous ???

Yes but have you been drinking enough? I also had a 3lb weight gain about 2 weeks plus post op, I was so shocked. But my wee was VERY dark and I realized I hadn't been drinking nearly enough, so I started glugging like a camel and within a couple of days the 3lb had gone plus another pound.

You will get stalls as your body adjusts to the new regime.....everyone but EVERYONE tells me not to weigh myself every day but I am really OCD about it and can't seem to stop myself. So work out why last night, (ie not first thing in the morning with a totally empty stomach, albeit before supper but I'd had some nuts), I was 12.4 and a half, and this morning, empty stomach, I was 12. 5 and a quarter. I don't get it, but I am doing my best not to let it get to ME!

Back