• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cant lay on my left side??

kellbells

Hi all, I'm 2 days post op, gastric band. I can't seem to lay on my left side due to the pain under my rib cage. I've had a hiatus hernia repair also.
Does/has anyone else experienced this? Kelly x

It will pass in a week don't worru

Left is where they do the majority of the work *hugs* it took me about 5 days before I felt comfortable to lay on my side AND sleep with my partner again, I slept on the sofa bed.

I just laid on my back for a week but pushed my hubby away LOL ... It was more difficult for him than me as he likes to cuddle and I like my space. A week of uninterrupted sleep BLISS :rolleyes:

Kellbells! Sorry you're having problems sleeping, I've read quite a few people seem to have the same challenge. :( I hope it gets easier for you. Chin up & if you can get through these first few days It will most definitely get easier for you. Be strong.

Thanks folks. Glad it's not just me or any problem I might have! Think the added pain of the mesh hernia repair isn't helping either.
Anyway, how did you get on today sasha? Hope it was ok my lovely xx

yes you nutter its coz you've just had an operation on it!! lol :D
I slept on my side yesterday, day 4! its gets better hun, hang in there xx

Hi Kellbells, well I went for my Pre-Op, was given all the info & letters to read. But sadly no date!! :( gutted I was so hoping to be told a date so was very disappointed not too. They just said I can guarantee it will be anything from 2wks-12wks time! So I guess I know by the end of Aug I will have the Band fitted! Yay! So a little deflated but can see the light at the end of the tunnel. How you feeling? Sleeping better? X

I was SO releived to be able to lay on my side again! It took me a little over a week, and it is still quite tender, but I can lay on it now. Keep with it girl, you're doing brilliantly!

Glad the Pre-op went well but that's really disappointing not to have a date :eek:( although even if it does take 12wks that'll be here in no time! I'm ok, slept better last night, just have no energy and feel very shaky (prob meds). Managed to shift some wind this morning! Thank god! Still hard to burp tho. I really hope you hear back with a date soon my lovely xxx

Thankyou Lisa, it's just so uncomfortable! Bit easier last night so we will see. So glad its not just me! Hope you're well and recovered xx

Back