• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pain on left side just below rib cage?

bahia

Hi does anyone else experience this pain after eating. I get it on my left side just below the ribcage after eating and it lasts about 30 mins.:cry:

I dont ever get any pain unless its related to food being stuck, ie I have eaten a little to quickly or not chewed enough.

Feeling full is a new sensation post op, which is felt on the left hand side but at the top of the ribs.

Could you be eating too quickly, have you just had a fill? sorry but its difficult to advise without knowing your current circumstances :confused:

I'm a bypasser, but I get a muscular pain at that place. Don't know if that sounds similar? X

Iam a bypasser but get pain there. Generally trapped wind or ate something to fast. Hope it passes soon for you x

I'm a bypasser and get pain there after eating and drinking. It also still hurts if I lie on that side.

Yes, that's where I get a stitch when I'm full - have always assumed that's where my pouch is and it goes after being processed through the intestines

its trapped wind, muscle pain depending how far post op u are or possible port pain as thats a classic port position for surgeons to choose, my 1st port was placed there x

hi all had hospital apt yesterday and they said it was when i leave it too long before meals. To be fair last two days have had a cereal bar at around 430pm so the gap between lunch and dinner isnt so long and not had the pain.

Back