• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pain on left side where band is anyone????

lea-lea

Hello everyone, i had my band since Feb 2006 but over the last year have been haveing pain on my left side probably about where the band is, this did lead to an xray where i was told to have my band emptied straight away as i had an erosion!!!! so i did as i was told and waitied to see my surgeon who is in Belgium whilst waiting i put on two stone :eek: however when i got to see the surgeon there was nothing wrong with my band!!! not really sure what to think and to be honest i have more faith in him than the providers in this country!!! so he filled me again but cant seem to shift any weight unless on a liquid diet :( but my problem is i have pain still....the only way i can describe it is as if i have been badly punched and i am sore and bruised...some days so bad i can barely bend down on that side to do my shoes up :cry:has anyone else had this???

Any ideas anyone

Personally, if I were you, I wold scoot down to an A & E department....

Pain is your bodies way of saying something is wrong.

Get it checked sooner rather than later...you should be able to tolerate more than liquids.

You have to much restriction.

So sorry to hear you are struggling:confused:. Don't really have any advice except to agree with Caz, intense prolonged pain is never something to ignore:eek:. You really might want to see someone again. Good luck sorting it and keep us posted.:)

Sorry to hear your struggling, how long ago did you have the fill? Could it be that causing a bit of swelling. Unsure as you have not put any dates in your thread. It's not good though to have pain....is there anyone you can call at the hospital were you had it done? try not to worry chick and if all else fails go to A & E....xx

Hello everyone, i had my band since Feb 2006 but over the last year have been haveing pain on my left side probably about where the band is, this did lead to an xray where i was told to have my band emptied straight away as i had an erosion!!!! so i did as i was told and waitied to see my surgeon who is in Belgium whilst waiting i put on two stone :eek: however when i got to see the surgeon there was nothing wrong with my band!!! not really sure what to think and to be honest i have more faith in him than the providers in this country!!! so he filled me again but cant seem to shift any weight unless on a liquid diet :( but my problem is i have pain still....the only way i can describe it is as if i have been badly punched and i am sore and bruised...some days so bad i can barely bend down on that side to do my shoes up :cry:has anyone else had this???

Any ideas anyone

hi lea
they said you have an erosion and they have refilled an eroded band ? why did they do that why not just replace it with a new band ? did they show you proof of
an erosion ?

liz

Back