• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stitch pain on the right hand side!

patricia2612

Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?! I had my gb op 3 weeks ago and have developed a stitch pain on my right hand side. It was previously on my left where the port is but now it's moved to the right hand side, its really frustrating. Is this normal?

Hi Patricia, well I am a bypasser so it may be a bit different but basically if you were done laparscopically then it may just be deep muscle trauma which I did struggle with. I am fine now though at 8weeks post op. This is just my experience though so if you are concerned you could give your provider a ring ... hope it improves for you soon, sweet xxx :)

Thank you twinkle for your response, I think you are right...it's bearable at the moment but if it gets worse I will definately give them a call!

Some provider like mine (THG) stitches u on the inside so maybe that cld be it? I am not of great help as thankfully I had the easiest recovery... hope u feel much better very soon xxx

miserable said:
Some provider like mine (THG) stitches u on the inside so maybe that cld be it? I am not of great help as thankfully I had the easiest recovery... hope u feel much better very soon xxx

Thanx hun,it seems to be worse when I'm standing?! But am ok at the moment as I'm sitting down. I think I'm still recovering from it all, I get weird twinges sometimes and it freaks me out a bit, I'm thinking oh my god what's that. Your so lucky hun you recovered so well...

I hope it ll soon pass xxx

Hi Particia I had a stitch on my right hand side 3or4 days ago, it lasted the whole day. I sat up, layed down, went for a long walk but nothing made it better. In fact it was worse when walking. But when I woke up the next day it was luckily gone.
Today I have pain around my port and a 2 day back ache though! I think as we're still recovering at the moment, if it's not one thing it's another! It is worrying having all these strange sensations though. Xx

Sophie 124 said:
Hi Particia I had a stitch on my right hand side 3or4 days ago, it lasted the whole day. I sat up, layed down, went for a long walk but nothing made it better. In fact it was worse when walking. But when I woke up the next day it was luckily gone.
Today I have pain around my port and a 2 day back ache though! I think as we're still recovering at the moment, if it's not one thing it's another! It is worrying having all these strange sensations though. Xx

Just text you x

Back