• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't stop being sick and feeling sick

nicki2307

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me I had my gastric bypass done 4 weeks ago and everything was going ok till last week. I could take all my tablets, drink lots of fluids and keep all liquids down.

I was told to start introducing small lumps to my diet, minced beef, scrambled eggs that sort of thing. Since doing this I have been constantly sick up to the point that I can't even seem to keep my vitamins tablets down in the morning. Drinking also makes me feel very sick. This has been going on now for 5 days and I'm starting to get a little concerned. Has anyone else experienced this and has any advice for me.

Thanking you all in advance
xx

Hi Nicki - you poor thing, give your provider a call. Always best to go straight to the professionals x

Hi I think you might be getting stress of the tum when you try to eat or drink!Relax and try to be completely calm when you eat or drink,no distractions and eat slowly one bite and put your fork down,sit upright and consiously relax your stomach as you eat or drink.You are either eating too lumpy/fast/gulping.It will fall into place.Maz x

Hi i had the same problem in the end i had to have weekly injections for a few months and that settled things.Pls def call your provider asap as not being able to keep fluids down is not good, when it comes to food i was told if i had any problems with any stage of food to go back a stage and that usually does the job, but pls contact ur provider asap if the problems with fluids carry on xxx

You could have a stenosis or a stricture which is a thickening of the scar tissue around the entrance to your pouch. Give your surgical provider a call and tell them your symptoms and the fact that you're having difficulties with fluids as well. They will then decide if you need an endoscope examination and a stretch of the entrance etc. I had two and what you describe sounds similar to the symptoms I experienced. My surgeon said it's around the 6 week mark that it can start to happen but it's still worth ringing your team to ask them. Hope this helps. xx

Thanks I called them yesterday and they have recommended that I start taking some tablets that are meant to stop the sickness so fingers crossed that might help. I will give it a couple of days and if they don't help I will contact them again. Thanks for the advice you look amazing by the way in your pictures that flash up

Back