• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Being sick :-(

lisa1983

Just got off the phone with dietitian.

Who recommend I go on 3day liquid diet again as am not getting on with food and she thinks I might of irrited my band.

She said because I am being sick at least once a day I got to lay off food!:-(

Mush food am blending so it like slop but am either over eating which I no I have done once as I had a golf ball lump in my throat.

Or that I am eating food to fast??
This has left me feeling slightly down
I call dietitian as I just had some fish cod
With cus cus and only had about 3 mouth full and was being sick
So back on liquids again :-(
Have anyone else experienced anything like this ???

Got my first app with thg Bristol group meeting on Monday 24 is any one else going??

Well your post op diet may have been completly different to mine but I didnt try cous cous until about 2 months out and then a tiny amount.

I was still on sloppy foods at your stage, fish and cous cous would be quite difficult to manage.

If you have been sick it makes sense to go back to liquids, then when you move on think mash with lots of gravy consitency. Eat with a teaspoon, very slowly and stop at any sign of tightness x

Yeah am going to have to go on more soup like food .or sloppy food with gravy like u said

But I had email from thg and it said things to try one of them was cus cus but no rice or pasta which I found strange
When I spoke to dietitian she said only small amounts and build up which I have been doing
I been having a small t plate and about 4-6 spoon full of food on there and tbh am only having 1 meal maybe 2 if I can eat it.:-(

Back to liquid I go :-(
Thank u for ur advise x

Fish can be quite difficult to eat sometimes unless it's very well chewed. Tuna in particular. Even I struggled today with cod in breadcrumbs because I had no sauce on it, and didn't quite chew as much as I should have done. I admit, i normally have it in batter rather than breadcrumbs (shock horror...but only 225 cals and the same protein as the breaded variety, but feels like a real treat). Even this far out, I sometimes get it wrong though :eek: I am with thg, and pasta, rice and cous cous were not allowed till after 3 months a year ago when I had my band fitted, but i know they have recently changed their guidance. Maybe though, this is too much too soon for you new banders :cry: As Mazza said maybe a little mash veg/potatoes with gravy once you are back off liquids may be a good start. Don't stress cos it can make things worse xxx

It is suprising how much it has changed the diet as my coz had her done dec 2011 and she was told completely different info to me.

Thank u all for ur advice
The cod I had I baked it it never had any sauce on maybe that was the trouble !

Am feeling a little sad as I feel am out of my depth as if am not sick with band am not losing any weight

Maybe this liquid diet will kick start it again

:-(
Thank u for everyone advice
And how was ur op flutter by??

Good Lisa ... Thanks. Been bloated due to medications but the swellings now going down. Have my first check up tomorrow so I will then see the scarring which is a little frightening, but that's life ... Cannot have everything and not give something back in return, so to speak. I am bored not being at work though, sitting at home watching tv with dust gathering around me.

I reckon the baked cod, without any sauce may just have tipped you over the edge. Mash it in some sauce or veggies next time and it will probably be ok. I know you are supposed to keep off slider food, but in these really early days, you will not be eating enough for that to be too much of an issue I wouldnt have thought. Maybe thg have changed their guidance because so many banders complaint they feel hungry all the time, or are losing no weight because they have no restriction...

You will lose weight, best not to do it by being sick tho. It's really early days, and you will find your mojo xxx

One of my favouries sloppy meals was mash with parsley sauce OMG, lush.

Advice does change and vary soooooo much but what each person can tolerate also does. This is your journey and you will be fine xx

Flutterby

U must be very excited to see ur new best friend scarring will fade and as long as ur happy that all that matters.

Day time telly is not good :-( but as mum mum says while ur resting ur heeling.

Don't worrie about the dust it will still be there next week when ur fit and well good luck with Tom app
And thank u again for great advice think my cod was to dry

Lisa x

Four months out and I can't cope with couscous or quinoa. Rice is a struggle too. Take it slowly, there's no need to rush the stages, you'll get theere eventually and learn what you can cope with and what you can't.

Back