• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Career change

borogirl

Hi. I am an expert on all diets (expert in that I know what I should do but had to have surgery to be sucessful!!) however I am tempted to look into being a Cambridge diet counseller. My bmi is under 28 so I could be eligible if they let me as I have had surgery.
I have done this diet before and lost weight (to then put it on). It seems a ridiculous idea but I think I am in a better place to now offer advice. Any thoughts?

If you tried Cambridge but it didn't work long term for you, how would you advocate the benefits?

I know they have overweight counsellor a as the journey is more important than how you look. Could you sell this as a positive life choice to others?

I'm not sure being a surgery candidate necessarily complements working as Cambridge counsellor but that's not to say you couldn't. Their website has links to speak to someone if you're interested. A conversation couldn't hurt x

I think it's the type of diet you need to be successful with... If your customers found out about your surgery they may be annoyed. You have to be a role model. Although I guess u r an expert at diets and weight loss this has never been achieved and maintained without surgery.
I don't think I could take money off people knowing full well that 9/10 or even more will put the weight back on. Just like all us in here.

Just a thought. What about setting up a Weight Loss Surgery Company either on your own or with others from this forum. We all seem to know what makes a good provider and what makes a bad provider. There is a lot of competition but I think there is plenty of room for a first rate provider who puts their clients before profit whilst at the same time being financially successful. This market is going to grow massively over the next few years, use your experience to your advantage.

Not sure on cambridge, but I know when I was doing Lighter Life the counsellor went on tv to talk about a pill she was taking to lose weight. Lighter Life stopped her from working for them straight away. We were all sent to different consellors.

Mmmmmm I agree with the previous posts
I did Cambridge and yes you loose weight very quickly I lost a stone and a half the first week, but second week I gained back 7 pounds and I was only drinking the shakes

Also I ended up in hospital seriously ill with an impacted bowel, extremely painful and very embarrassing, I had to have my bowel emptied manually, believe me I never want that again... :(

I also do not think you can advocate a weight loss that you know many fail on :/

I'm with every one else on this too. I had a lot of success with the Cambridge diet but like the vast percentage of people I regained very quickly and to be honest I don't think I would be very happy to be buy a slimming product in good faith to find out later that it didn't work in the long term for the person selling it. X

Back to the drawing board for a career change. You are all right. New year, new me. Need new job!

What about slimming world consultant? Much healthier way of losing weight and something people who had surgery can do. They also encourage exercise too :)

Just a thought. What about setting up a Weight Loss Surgery Company either on your own or with others from this forum. We all seem to know what makes a good provider and what makes a bad provider. There is a lot of competition but I think there is plenty of room for a first rate provider who puts their clients before profit whilst at the same time being financially successful. This market is going to grow massively over the next few years, use your experience to your advantage.

Hi Slaz

I liked your comment that you all know what makes a good provider and what makes a bad provider. Can you give me any pointers on that note. I am trying to decide between healthier weight and the Hospital group and am finding it very difficult to decide. Any other companies you can suggest I look at and any questions I should be thinking about?

Back