• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I Boring?

traceyashkar

I am at present on my pre-op diet as I am due to have my surgery on 09/01/12 so whilst out last night celebrating NYE I was only drinking water, but was accused by a 'friend' that I was boring because I wasn't eating or drinking!! Left me feeling on a real downer especially as up until then I was so positive about the surgery and pleased with myself for sticking to the diet. Didn't let it deter me and still kept away from the food on offer! Feel let down by their attitude today :(

screw them!!!! you have done fantastic not to relent from a flippant comment like that

keep on it - trust me its worth it in the long run xxx

traceyashkar said:
Well that's what I keep telling myself, have to keep focused x

Sod them!
Your doing this diet for a once in a lifetime reason!
I had to do mine for 4 weeks and it was tough but it had to be done x
U can do it !

i didnt let nothing distract me from the pre op diet i stuck to it like glue its too long a wait to run the risk of it being cancelled. i wonder if it was your friend that was waiting for wls would they have broke the rules i very much doubt it and as for being boring your only doing this to make your life a whole heap better for the future not cos your enjoying starving yourself.

Got to agree with you jed,
Most people follow a 2 week diet,mine was a 4 week haul!
But it was worth it,it's just not worth the risk x

Its so difficult to stick to a diet generally but at xmas its a nightmare - good for you hun! Take her comments with a pinch of salt, she obviously doesn't get how important this surgery is for you but it will be sooooo worth it in the end and there will be many new years eve's to follow where you can celebrate (within reason) the fabulous new post-op you x

your doing this for a reason hun not to be boring.........you will have the last laff xx

awww Tracey, it was probably just a drunken comment and she would be mortified if she knew just how much shes upset you. Unless you're like us, you just dont understand. Just stick with it honey, you're doing great :) xxx

first of all honey can i just say... well done you or sticking to water... you could of easily had a drink last night and still been ok for your op, but you stuck to what you are asked.. well done again.
Secondly this is the time sometimes you find out who will support you along your journey and who wont. If someone has to have a drink to have a good time... then surely arnt they the ones who are boring?? dont take there words to heart hun, you are gonna ghave an amazing journey and you will surley have the last laugh. Any nice to meet you and happy new year xxx

I am at present on my pre-op diet as I am due to have my surgery on 09/01/12 so whilst out last night celebrating NYE I was only drinking water, but was accused by a 'friend' that I was boring because I wasn't eating or drinking!! Left me feeling on a real downer especially as up until then I was so positive about the surgery and pleased with myself for sticking to the diet. Didn't let it deter me and still kept away from the food on offer! Feel let down by their attitude today :(
No you are not being boring- I started my pre op yesterday in the hope of having my op on the 10th and just became the designated driver saving everyone a fortune on taxi!!

They're just trying to undermine you; don't give them the satisfaction of succeeding!!

I have to say to a pisshead who doesn't have a weight problem you probably are boring, however to a fat person with a weight problem waiting to have wls i think you are blooming marvellous. Your friend on the other hand is a *****!

Sorry but my friends (who were mostly larger ladies) have given me nothing but support since day one.

With friends like yours you can be forgiven for wanting to have a drink...

Forget it, this time next year you will be out, you will have a couple of glasses of vino and nibbles, you will be wearing sexy killer hells, a slinky little dress that barely covers your ass and you will be hot to trot :)

Happy New Year to you my lovely friend who i've never met but am exceptionally proud of right now xxx

well done for abstaining last night :cool: it really is difficult on the pre op diet when everyone else is feasting and you can't.

I did my pre op from the beginning of December and had a couple of nights out with friends where I just drank sparkling water...it was the toughest thing ever to watch them eat, but it had to be done and whether they understood the reasons or not, none of them questioned it.
Again last night, I only drank soft drinks but this time because I'm still newly post op...it was a revelation to be the only sober person within the group :eek:

don't let anyone sidetrack you...this is your time. Just think how slinky we will be for next New Years parties :flirt2: xx

Raynebubble said:
first of all honey can i just say... well done you or sticking to water... you could of easily had a drink last night and still been ok for your op, but you stuck to what you are asked.. well done again.
Secondly this is the time sometimes you find out who will support you along your journey and who wont. If someone has to have a drink to have a good time... then surely arnt they the ones who are boring?? dont take there words to heart hun, you are gonna ghave an amazing journey and you will surley have the last laugh. Any nice to meet you and happy new year xxx

Well said Rayne!

Well if you're boring now you will be for the foreseeable future, you probably wont want to eat the type of crap on buffets or at parties anyway after your surgery, nor drink to get p'd, all those empty calories.
With regard to your friend, she probably doesn't realise the importance of the liver shrinking diet. Did you before you were going through this process? With a drink in them lots of people say things they would regret when they sobered up.
I feel boring when I go to the pub now and ask for a fruit shoot as It's too soon for alcohol, and I can't have anything sugary or fizzy! It is embarassing when they give you the bottle too instead of pouring it into a glass!! I don't care though, at the moment I am being as selfish as I need to be, this op is my chance of a new life! Yours too love. Good luck x

Good on you for sticking to it you will feel it was all worth it and next year you'll be saying come on boring i want to dance again why are you just sitting there drinking :)

yeah angie thats true lol

You will be on the dance floor, the guys will be going ooh er who is that girl!! and your friend will be boozed up, make up smudged, and trying not to puke on the floor while making a dash to the loo cos her bladder cant hold on on more hehe xx

Back