• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cauliflower Rice

joanne7271

Shrink me please x
Hello I am sure I read on here about making rice from cauliflower florets? have i dreamed this or did someone post this. Would love to read it again as i would like to try make it xx

krissy123

Cauliflower rice is easy, either put the raw florets in a blender until consistency of rice then cook in microwave or pan or cook florets in pan then mash with potato masher!
You can make pizza base from cauliflower rice add 2 eggs and a little bit of low fat cheese place in oven for 10-15 mins then add toppings and put back in oven lovely

top_kat

I just grate raw cauliflower on the largest grater size, put in bowl with spoon of water, cover and microwave for a couple of mins so it has some crunch, it's rice size and don't need to mash it as it's like rice, so great with chilli or curry :)

Simple :)

Butterfly_lady

I've made the cauli pizza but not the rice yet

joanne7271

Shrink me please x
Thanks so much guys, I gonna give it a try. I thought it may go mushy tho as cauliflower usually has a lot of water in if overcooked x

Does it have the cauliflower taste? x

top_kat

Thanks so much guys, I gonna give it a try. I thought it may go mushy tho as cauliflower usually has a lot of water in if overcooked x

Does it have the cauliflower taste? x

If you just pop it in the microwave covered and with only a small amount of water (I literally use a tablespoon) then it won't go mushy :) and the taste is only mild, I had some with a quorn curry and it was fine :)

bouncypanda

Would Bare Naked Noodles chopped up once fried be ok?? When I've used them on a diet, my hubby would cut them up, fry them in a little flora spray with a bit of onion and tomato for me instead of rice. Not sure if they would be any good post Bypass or not.