• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what is the iron fist? terrible back and belly pain

sunny69

hi all, i'm on mush now and have an empty band, yesterday for tea i had one of microwave meals for one cauliflower cheese 300grms, well about 2.30am i woke up with this horrendous back pain radiating all the way around to my stomach and i could only take short little breaths,:cry: i had visions that my band had slipped or something,it did pass after about 30mins, its something i don't want to experience again.
any ideas

sunny69 said:
hi all, i'm on mush now and have an empty band, yesterday for tea i had one of microwave meals for one cauliflower cheese 300grms, well about 2.30am i woke up with this horrendous back pain radiating all the way around to my stomach and i could only take short little breaths,:cry: i had visions that my band had slipped or something,it did pass after about 30mins, its something i don't want to experience again.
any ideas

Cauliflower cheese ... Was it trapped wind? Sounds like it. Also happens when I have not had enough to eat strangely enough. Hope u r feeling better now :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi hun, I hope you feel better today.

You asked what the iron fist is - well for me its not what you had. I get a tightness at the top of my stomach that tells me to stop eating. Not hours later.

The thing it could be is good old fashioned wind - trapped or otherwise. As it was so long after eating.

Try not to worry about it, carry on with small mouthfulls, eating extra slowly and you will be fine xx

sunny69 said:
any ideas

Sounds a bit like gallstones too. May not be. Could defo be a nasty case of wind. But just keep an eye on what triggers it on future.

Fingers crossed there won't be another episode xxx

Some people (me included) can't tolerate cauliflower and broccoli, even months post op.

I cannot tolerate broccoli or cauliflower post op, for some reason they just dont sit well with me.

I'm thinking gallstones too........bariatric surgery tends to bring these problems, mine started approx 6 months post op and was the worse pain i ever had, mainly happened at night. xxx

lotsabeefy said:
I'm thinking gallstones too........bariatric surgery tends to bring these problems, mine started approx 6 months post op and was the worse pain i ever had, mainly happened at night. xxx

I have gallstones from pre op. it's funny how it is worse at night. My mom reckons it must be an accumulation effect over the day.

Blimey ladies talk about scare mongering! the poor girl only had her band fitted a few weeks ago.

I hope you are ok now sunny and that it was just wind or eating too quickly xx

Sorry, wasnt meaning to scare monger :(

I'm sure you (and the others) weren't meaning to Fuffs and I hope that Sunny hasnt been scared off!

I know that gallstones go hand in hand with rapid weight loss but a few weeks after a band being fitted? lets hope not xx

I have had mine for many years due to old rapid weight loss on Atkins. So I have no clue lol

I also hope she has not been scared off :)

hi girls no you've not scared me off at all LoL,,, gallstones did cross my mind because of years of yo-yo and starvation diets but i do think it was something i ate and it didn't sit well causing wind also not having a proper bowel movement for a long time.
so no worry's all is well.
xxx

Yay!! Glad all is well :D x

Back