• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Changing body shape - question for long termers

carrieb

Happy Bypasser
I just wondered how people feel about their changing body shape post wls.

I'm asking because although I'm delighted with the weight lost, it seems that my legs are not changing shape and are really lumpy/bumpy and fat compared to rest of me. So, I seem to have lost weight from every area of my body but still have chunky/lumpy/bumpy thighs and calves - sounds delightful doesn't it?

I just wondered if this is likely to change, (I'm only 7 months post op so still losing) or do I need to accept that this is how I'll stay.

Someone said to me that the legs have 2 draining points at the top of your thighs almost in your groin and when you loose weight if you massage them then it really helps. Try it I dont know if it works but its worth a go x

Are you measuring them? I still think I have enormous, lumpy, horrible legs but having worn tight size 22 trousers and now wearing a size 8, which are baggy unless skinny fit, they must have got smaller than previously! I would recommend taking measurements as that is the most honest and realistic way of knowing if they really are getting smaller or it's in your head. Good luck!

Back