• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

changing dressings

morph

I've just got dressings on my op wounds (is that what they are called?? ) and the hospital said to change them at 5 days, but I am scared to do it myself!
Could I go to the nurse and get her to do it do you think? Just worried that I will open them up again and end up with an infection.

i had my 5 day check up phone call from the hospital today and was told i should now be good to take them off....so i did...and they look fine so thats all good :)

The nurse at my docs did mine every time:D:D

hiya the nurse at your gp surgery should change them for you just give them a ring hun :D

fab I will ring and make an appointment. I know it is silly to be nervous but I really don't to get an infection in it!

Hi

got back from hosp last night and they gave me some waterproof ones so i just took off the one the hospital had the day before. I just made sure washed my hands really well. There was a little dried blood around the edges so used baby wipe but never went near the wound put the dressing on standing as straight as i could which isn't too well at the moment then went for my shower has been fine all day. I know my dr's surgery wouldnt be too happy as they are really busy and its not something that they requested.
hope you get on ok but its not hard and if you can do your injections then its a breeze

xx

The hospital gave me spares and said if they didn't look healed enough to put the fresh ones on, but when i got home i got a bit anxious about it as i wasn't sure i'd be able to assess them myself so i phoned my surgery and one of the nurses fit in a visit into her usual rounds

Back