• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op pain killers, injections etc...please help

Rose,
Are you getting to Preston the day before to get your bloods done? I stayed at the Ibis on the Friday before my op so I could get my bloods done and be first for the op on the Saturday!

No I haven't, are we hijacking a thread here??

Apologies if so...

I spent a long time on the phone to the clinic today and arranged my consultation for the 27th August. The next available op day is the 5th August so I have put down a deposit on that date, and all being well at the consultation it will be then. If worst comes to worst it will be 2 weeks later.

If I was nearer I would come and do your injections for you, as I said I can do them to anyone but me!

Do you have dates etc arranged? (sorry if I have read that already but this is a really busy forum and I am only just getting used to it!).

Rx

I have pre op 24th August and then i am having the op 29th September on Day case, was told in my letter to go to the Day Case unit for 8am so going to have to leave here about 5.30am just to be on the safe side and miss the traffic. I think we have hijacked a thread here and i also apologise X

Nice one Claire, I did try the NHS route but am still waiting for my initial appointment lol. Went to see my Dr way back in April, but got a bit impatient so decided on private....he gave the impression I wouldnt get it on NHS anyway.... Am really pleased you ve got yours though. Did it take long? x

lol no apologies needed ladies. Its good to talk x

Nice one Claire, I did try the NHS route but am still waiting for my initial appointment lol. Went to see my Dr way back in April, but got a bit impatient so decided on private....he gave the impression I wouldnt get it on NHS anyway.... Am really pleased you ve got yours though. Did it take long? x

Thank you Susie :)....No it didnt take long at all, I went beginning of April to see my GP about something else and after she had sorted that out i just said whats the chance of me having a gastric band on the NHS and she said there is a good chance i will put forward for funding for you. At the end of April i recieved a letter asking me to make an appointment at my Doctors, which i did, was told i had been given funding and to choose a hospital, either Birmingham or Luton & Dunstable, was told not to rush and to think it through and get back to my GP on tuesday ( as it was easter ) so i gave her a call told her where i had chosen and she sent a letter off to Birmingham, I recieved a letter from Birmingham 2nd week of May asking me to go to an appointment 1st June to see Mr Super of which i did, but i didnt get to see Mr Super i seen one of his registrars, he went through the operation, asked me what diets i had tried, and asked if i was on any medication, i said no and he said you can come in on daycase then, I went to see the dietician who went through the different pre op diets and what to expect afterwards and got given a diet pack, then 3 weeks later i recieved my operation date, a week later i recieved my pre op date, had to call them with my current weight and was advised on the phone to lose between 7-14kg's and to start pre op diet end of August. And thats how quick it has been, i have been so lucky compared to some on here.

Thats fantastic Claire, you are sooo lucky. I should have moved to Northampton when I had the chance a couple of years ago lol. I ve had to have a loan, so am pretty strapped for cash now, but know its worth every penny, and have no regrets. Well done though girl.... everything will be just fine. Good luck xx

Apparently Northamptonshire has a very good PCT, I really cant believe how lucky i have been, normally nothing nice ever happens to me, but i think i went to the doctors and mentioned it at the right time ( beginning of the financial year ). I am sorry you have had to take a loan out for your surgery, but i am glad you have no regrets about doing it. I hope you make a very speedy recovery, just take it easy :) X

hi susie im glad your doing well after your op, and rose im going to silverlink on the 27th of august too for my first fill with wlsg my appt is at 1.30pm might see you there xxheather

Cheers Heather, good luck with your fill hun x;)

Back