• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CHANNEL 4 9PM

I've got to say, that I don't think this prog will paint the wls patients in the best light... seeing as the past two episodes in this seris have been very negative.

Having watched the first 15 mins, it's not looking to posative so far.

.x.

gonna rant now WHY DO OBESE PEOPLE THAT NO ITS NOT HEALTHY FEED THERE BABY CHIPS end of rant. I dont no why I watch these programs lol

Last edited:
Anyone else appalled by the attitude of the surgical team, treating patients apallingly while on the table, making comments about their weight ....

Only the dietician seems to have any empathy and understanding.

Grrrrrrr

He doesn't look that super to me ...

was think that aswell when he putted some fat out and said thats a chip or a biscuit Made me wonder what they were saying about me when I was lying there

The documentary has sort of redeemed itself towards the end - i was ranting at the original attitudes it was portraying because they were playing into hands of those that believe we shouldn't get the surgery on the NHS.
I agree that it does make you wonder what remarks are made about you by the surgery team - made me cringe.
One thing is for sure - i would not let them film my op !

I watched that programme tonight and am hoping to have a gastric band, and mr super will be my surgeon, i did kind of get upset when i heard how they were talking about that person having the operation, would they speak like that to there faces? there is no need to speak about anyone regardless to if there fat or not, they are there for help, and they know the way they are is because of what they have eaten.It hasnt put me off going to see him because i know for one i am going to be so determined on the pre op diet and i am definately NOT going to abuse the band once i get it because it is something i want more than ever, not just for me but for my children at all.

Thanks Teen lol dumb moment there X

Last edited:
claire You have said you are definaltly gonna abuse your band think you need to edit it lololol

gonna rant now WHY DO OBESE PEOPLE THAT NO ITS NOT HEALTHY FEED THERE BABY CHIPS end of rant. I dont no why I watch these programs lol

yup i agree, you think people would want better for there kids, i certainly do as i dont want my son to go thro what i did in my life, next time your in town take a look at the kids in buggies and see how many of them has some thing unhealthy in there hands like a sausage roll,pasty or sweets. its shocking as there our next generation of users for minimins really :sigh:

wow i really didnt like that programme:( i couldnt believe the way the team were about the person on the table and the way they made it sound like weight loss is so easy and why can we not do it without surgery. i also cant believe that woman was having mcdonalds on her pre-op diet??? if her liver was that bad why didnt he come out and leave her without her band?
sorry rant over!

wow i really didnt like that programme:( i couldnt believe the way the team were about the person on the table and the way they made it sound like weight loss is so easy and why can we not do it without surgery. i also cant believe that woman was having mcdonalds on her pre-op diet??? if her liver was that bad why didnt he come out and leave her without her band?
sorry rant over!

i agree he should not of went ahead with banding, she didnt follow the pre op diet, and she not following rules 3 months after as shes only eating soups, which isnt following band rules.

I apologise in advance to anyone who has that surgeon as theres, I know there is levity in theatre but how unproffessional was the comments...I can feel her ribs...then someone else checking. That made me very nervy! and I shall ask my surgeon on thursday if thats what hes like in surgery!! How about a bit of respect...

How patronising was he about foodstuff and I can't beleive all he eats whilst working in theatre all day is a tin of tuna!! he would faint i'm sure!

Crikey, it's not often I get cross at tv programmes, but at no point did they appear to educate those girls and show them that it wasn't the 'easy option'. Before anyone shouts at me I know that tv makes things look how they want by careful editing but I think a surgeon needs to be a little more careful....Rant over!!

Back