• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CHANNEL 4 9PM

i agree deb, im glad hes not our surgeon hun ! id cutt of his d*ck then make him eat it :mad:

Liz, I will ask him if he makes comments like that and tell him my spirit friends will be watching and hunt him down if he talks about me like that....lol

He did seem to have some strange ideas anyway. Had to pick my jaw up from the floor after some of his comments, including his advice not to eat carbs:eek::eek::eek::eek:

So glad it was followed by a dietician telling people that they should eat carbs :D

But...regardless...he's probably a good surgeon, which is all you need from him.

He'll probably suffer for what he said on the programme :D

Liz, I will ask him if he makes comments like that and tell him my spirit friends will be watching and hunt him down if he talks about me like that....lol

deb i really dont believe hes that way inclined, but put the threat forward anyway lol ;)

:D:D:D

I actually feel better about the Op watching that and hearing how many they do in a year.
Also the spead in which they do the Ops is reasuring as it makes it seem easy lol bet it isn't though!!

If I didn't have this cough I would actually feel a lot more confident but at the min its the anasthetic that worrys me.
I will have to stop being such a wimp.

i cant beleive he would be stupid enough to make some of the comments he did on tv... dr super that is.

and he hardly paints the idea of a healthy diet dos he... eating a can of tuna in tomato sauce - no carbs my ar*e, there full of sugar. And even if they weren't, its hardly balanced.

All i know is if they were my Dr i'd be having words with hm or looking for a new one after some of his flippant comments.

Im sure at one point he said he didnt think people should be banded, then later on said they should...

He clearly doesn' like the type of people he's operating on, and at one point hinted that he didn't enjoy his job much either... would you really want to put you life in the hands of someone like that ?!?!?!

.x.

I'd shove his revolting tin of tuna where the sun don't shine ! Rude, patronizing jerk ! Beige food indeed. Tuna's beige if it's not covered in sauce ! Rant over !

I'd shove his revolting tin of tuna where the sun don't shine ! Rude, patronizing jerk ! Beige food indeed. Tuna's beige if it's not covered in sauce ! Rant over !

lol too true! .x.

I'm a sleevie not a bander, and Mr Super wasn't my surgeon. I agree that the beige comment is ridiculous. I'm having porridge for breakfast, well, it's redy brek as I'm still on semi sloppy and porridge is good healthy food. It's also beige. I use non sugar sweetner. Potatoes aren't bad, nor are rice and pasta, you just need to use common sense about portions and what you put with your carbs. If you load your carbs up with butter, cheese and other fatty stuff and have crisp sandwiches and fast food, wls won't work for you. But the beige rule is one of the stupidest thing I've heard. belbouteloup is spot on, tuna is beige and very healthy. Pork and chicken are beige when they're cooked. Caulifower is beige.
I don't know why the font turned bold, I don't know how to fix it, either. Sorry bout that. I have new appreciation for my surgeon after seeing that programme.

Last edited:
My overall opinion of the programme was mixed - the surgeon, Mr Super (I don't think so!!!), came across as totally obnoxious and if I was due to have surgery with him, after watching the programme I would have serious doubts! It may have been clever editing by the makers, but if he did say those things on camera, what is he saying about his patients off camera???? Also, his views on WLS changed dramatically from the start fo the programme to the end - from 'Why should I operate when they've let themselves get in this state' to ' WLS should be more freely available for young people so they can reclaim their lives'. Are all surgeons like this man?

TBH I am totally shocked that people feel this strongly about Mr Super.

Look, this was a program about obese teens and the NHS. Look how the last 2 programs have come out.

Mr Super was my Mums surgeon for he Hyatis Hernia and will be my surgeon next Thursday. He is one of the best in the country and actually is very very nice.

I agree that this program did not show him in a good light, but I think the program makers were trying to make a point also.

I am certainly not have second thoughts about him.

I'm afraid the old adage of 'what other people think or say about you ain't none of your business' applies here.

You are asleep, there isn't anything you can say or do about it anyway.

The staff are human beings and I am afraid with that comes all the human foibles. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it happens.

I think this series has been excellent because it shows the human and costly side of what is by and large very irresponsible behaviour by the public and the feelings of the people who have to help pick up the pieces.

At last, a programme that didn't dumb down.

Well said, Brunetteandred! Please don't panic Soontobethinsue, Mr Super was my surgeon and i have nothing but praise fo him. I'm not fussed what his personal thoughts or feelings are towards his individual patients - the only concerns i had were for his professional capabilities and after much research, i decided he was the man for the job. No regrets whatsoever!

I agree that I'm very glad he wasn't my surgeon....and I think he has a very old fashioned attitude to food....much more time for the dietitian who has to deal with real people who are awake and can discuss their problems.......Im very glad I picked my surgeon and researched him well. I don't believe he talks about his patients like that.

Agree on the babies and chips issue round here a packet of crisps seems standard for toddlers in buggies for their breakfast!!!!

Who can say what the surgeons and team say when they're conked out? For all I know Mr. Khan might have been giving Alan Carr a run for his money on the joke front at my obese expense! He just didn't have the camera on him. All I know is that he did a great job on my plumbing!

I don't think the fact Mr. Super said stuff on camera should detract from his abilities as a surgeon.

Last edited:
Back