• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CHANNEL 4 9PM

I am glad I had Mr Ammori, I dont care what was said when I was not able to hear it but I did find the comments from the surgeon a bit shocking but mostly the comments about the food. His eating habits were not the best and I so did not agree with all he said. Thank god the dietician was more balanced. As for the girl eating the mcdonalds on her pre op I do think he should of refused her the surgery, but that's my opinion only folks....xx

i was really shocked by some of the remarks especially when they were about to operate and pulling bits of fat out saying here is a chip and a biscuit.... I remember going for a c section with my daughter and one of the nurses stated to the other 'Here is one for the record books ' not nice at all !!!
We all know why we put on weight and most is our own greed but thats why we asked for help and why we put ourself through the risks of the op it is definately not the easy option and it was upsetting to watch the way the teenagers acted awaiting the surgery make us all look bad when we have worked hard to get to where we are now !!!!

But that was the theme of the programme; to highlight how a certain segment of the population (in this instance teenagers) abuse the healthcare system and take it all for granted.

I could have put my foot through the screen watching the pregnancy one last week.

lolol we were once teenagers now we know how our mothers felt :D

lol I got 2 hormonal 16 year old girls well did have ones packed up and left lol the other is chuffed she now has the big bedroom

I remember well what a total cow I was to my mother. She laughed and said 'you'll have it all one day and then you *will* remember.'

Sadly, she died before I had my children (selfish woman; she was around for my siblings offsrping!), but I do believe that somewhere in the beyond, she had a good old chuckle.

Yes, Mom, you were absolutely right. As per usual.

channel 4 usually pick one point of view for a documentary and rarely give the flip side of it.

The whole serise has been negative.

I watched a luis theroux (sp?) doco on 2 this week, on a really touchy subject...not nice at all, but it was done purely from a wanting to understand point of view...

Channel 4 seem to want to make the viewers mind up for them, like the viewer isn't smart enough to.

.x.

channel 4 usually pick one point of view for a documentary and rarely give the flip side of it.

The whole serise has been negative.

I watched a luis theroux (sp?) doco on 2 this week, on a really touchy subject...not nice at all, but it was done purely from a wanting to understand point of view...

Channel 4 seem to want to make the viewers mind up for them, like the viewer isn't smart enough to.

.x.

Could not agree more your spot on...xx

that is the whole point of the show, its from a healthcare pointof view.

each episode has been negative.

seems they picked the worse people to show in each prog.

The teen pregnancy one was horrible... not all teens that get pregnant are over weightt chavs who smoke through pregnancy...

and all i saw last night was the people who were lucky enough to get the op, eating things they shouldnt!

.x.

Defo not my 2 aint chavs dont smoke and were/are good in school but they did both come home the same month pregnant in 2007 when they were 15 to say I hit the roof was an undestatement.

bah, that doco made me angry!

.x.

The overweight chav was the most memorable of the pregnancy one, but she wasn't the only one featured. It was the general attitude of the teens on the show that tee'd me off.

And sadly, people who do get the op do eat things they shouldn't.

The prgramme makers were hardly going to chose model patients to highlight the issues staff face in treating 'problematic' patients.

Healthcare staff are weary of people who just will not take the advice given. People who simply will not, for whatever reasons they offer (or not as the case may be) accept responsibility for their own health and actions thereof. Ultimately, it is the working population of the UK that continually fund the errant ways of those featured.

Back