• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cheated on Pre-op diet :(

Glorfindel

Six Month Post Op
Feel quite down about it and hope I haven't ruined it all. I've struggled so much :sigh:.

I've been following a two week diet before my surgery on the 6th since Friday last week. The diet is a low carb, low fat one (slice of toast for breakfast, one piece of bread with some fish/meat/cheese for lunch and 2 tbsp pasta/rice/small potato with small portion of meat for dinner) and have followed it perfectly on friday-monday.

Typically I came on to my period yesterday and was craving food so badly, I managed all day to ward off the hunger and cravings and followed the diet perfectly all day, then evening came and I caved and ate a small bar of chocolate, packet of crisps and ate a normal (not diet) dinner.

Feeling terribly guilty, but wanted to write it out. Still craving terribly today but got straight back on with the diet and am following it to the letter again, just had my dinner of the two tbsps pasta, cheese and veg and going to have an early night soon so I can stop thinking about food!

Has anyone else mucked up a day on their diet? Should I go without the bread tomorrow to make up for it, or just continue on?

Dont get yourself worked up, it'll be ok!!
I had a small piece of Cake when it was my O/H's birthday.... Still managed to lose a stone in 2wk on the same diet your on. :rolleyes:

Just carry on the diet, you'll be suprised how much you've lost when you go back to the hospital.

Take care chicken. x

Well done for getting back onto the diet. You still have plenty of time before op day so just carry on as if it didn't happen. Don't beat yourself up about it, that won't do any good. It's done, it's history. look forward and stay on the straight and narrow.

It is just one day. You picked yourself back up and got back on the diet and that is the important thing.

Tomorrow is a new day but you really need to embrace this diet as though it is yr best friend. Its going to get you through a rough time as long as you listen to her and do exactly as she says.
when temptation strikes hit the old fluids you cant have too much of the stuff.
take care
carole

Thank you very much for your comments everyone, much appreciated. Gave me the pick up I needed. Still feel annoyed with myself for giving in, but it is done now and I just have to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Just finished my allowance for today of my 200mls of milk and feeling fine. I woke up at 7:30am on Tuesday, but at 10:30am today, thinking I will avoid rising before 9 in future so less of the day to think about food, haha.

You will be fine like John says just put this lil blip behind you and go as you mean to go on, you seem to be doing ok anyway!! Hi John how are you getting on? wont be long now Mr eh! Gail.x
Well done for getting back onto the diet. You still have plenty of time before op day so just carry on as if it didn't happen. Don't beat yourself up about it, that won't do any good. It's done, it's history. look forward and stay on the straight and narrow.

Last edited:
Feel quite down about it and hope I haven't ruined it all. I've struggled so much :sigh:.

I've been following a two week diet before my surgery on the 6th since Friday last week. The diet is a low carb, low fat one (slice of toast for breakfast, one piece of bread with some fish/meat/cheese for lunch and 2 tbsp pasta/rice/small potato with small portion of meat for dinner) and have followed it perfectly on friday-monday.

Typically I came on to my period yesterday and was craving food so badly, I managed all day to ward off the hunger and cravings and followed the diet perfectly all day, then evening came and I caved and ate a small bar of chocolate, packet of crisps and ate a normal (not diet) dinner.

Feeling terribly guilty, but wanted to write it out. Still craving terribly today but got straight back on with the diet and am following it to the letter again, just had my dinner of the two tbsps pasta, cheese and veg and going to have an early night soon so I can stop thinking about food!

Has anyone else mucked up a day on their diet? Should I go without the bread tomorrow to make up for it, or just continue on?

Don't beat yourself up too much about it, you done the right thing by getting straight back on it.

Going without bread would be a good idea, I know from personal experience if I eat bread I don't lose half as much weight.

Good Luck for your op and take care.

xx

Hi Glorifindel, I'm also on the pre op diet at the mo and know how blooming hard it is! My surgery is the day after yours. I'm allowed 4 slimfasts, 1 oxo cube and up to 1/2 pint of jelly a day, plus minimum 2 ltrs of water. I am REALLY struggling!! Feel totally washed out. On day 5 of 14 now and really hope it gets easier soon.

Well done for getting back on track so quickly and I wish you all the best!

Cuppa xx

I don't envy you with that diet Cuppacocoa! I saw you are having your op the day after mine. I think it is comforting (in a way) to know others are on the pre-op diet at the same time as you. Day seven for me, and I honestly didn't find it easier from day three-four, which I was really hoping for, lol!

Ah well, followed it yesterday, have followed it fine today as well, told myself that cheating just ISN'T an option. A bit of food I'm craving isn't worth it compared to the operation I'm craving for my health and body.

Back