• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cheated On Pre-Op Diet

northerngordon

Hi All

I have my op on Monday and started the pre op diet 9 days ago (decided to do an extra day!).

BUT, three days ago I was craving something solid and I snuck a small piece of extra mature cheddar cheese the size of a golf ball. I've stuck to my low fat yoghurt, semi skimmed milk, chicken oxo drink and sugar free jelly at all other times. I hope this won't affect my liver.

Regards

Gordy

A golf ball amount of cheese isn't small though! I hope your liver is fine because you don't want to wake up and have not had your op. good luck with it all.

hope all goes well. just make sure you stick to it to the letter til your op. hopefully all will be well. thing is not to panic and give up.keep us all posted hune.

northerngordon said:
Thanks, I'll keep you all posted.

I've lost 8lbs so far with two days to go, is that enough?

It's not really about how much weight you lose, it's the size of your liver that counts. The smaller it is, the better :)

Well done with the loss. It's about using up your glycogen supplies so your liver shrinks to help the surgeon.

Back